IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing the Sellwood area this morning when I received a call from ifish member parthur up river fishing West Linn.
I was expecting a call telling me the hot bite was up river this morning but instead he said he had just seen something that you don't see everyday. I asked what it was and he told me a bull elk had launched it's self in the river and was swimming up river and headed for O.C. :shocked: I told him that it's bad enough that we have to deal with all the sea lions in the river and now we have elk trying to steal our fish as well.
He promised me pictures this evening but I have yet to see them.
Did anyone else see an elk swimming in the Willamette today or am I getting my chain yanked?

Pearl

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
I was there, but actually didn't see it, but everyone else an around us saw it. When everyone is looking and pointing I keep looking for a net or Superman. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
It was looking for Hogmaster :laugh:

·
Administrator
41,361 Posts
I heard Mel was spending the day on his boat. He's tried this prank before!

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
I was fishing in that area but didn't see it. Dang!

I think it must have gotten into that black chopper I saw flying off!!!!

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
He must've been fishing up by the OC Elk's club. :smile:

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
>>>Can you take those sea run elk on flies?<<<<

GP,
Just stick a hook in the beast and you have one grand daddy Elk Hair Caddis.... :grin:

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My buddy didn't mention if the elk was wearing a purple wind breaker with BPOE on the back and holding a scotch and water.

·
Premium Member
14,397 Posts
anadromous elk? is this the return of the seagoing elk spotted last year?

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Of course Hogmaster didn't see it. He showed up with "you know who" and scared it out of the water along with everything else. The guys who told me had two roped alongside the boat! They got the heck out of there before Hogmaster made the scene. :wink:

·
Registered
393 Posts
That reminds me of the time('89?) a friend and I drifted Foster to Pleasant Valley on the S. Santiam. We were just talking about hunting and I had never gone Elk hunting but only deer hunting. I said to him I have never seen a Bull Elk in the wild. Five minutes later before we come up to the S-curves there stands a 3 point Bull Elk on the left looking up at us and non-chalantly wades and briefly swims across :grin: . We were blown away and no camera! We also said we would back each other up when asked. You never know what you may run into out there! Always take a camera!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I was not out with Hog today despite the insinuation of Tilla. I promise.

Have to admit though...

Redbull - Bull elk.

Hmmmmmm?

They got my back.

[ 05-03-2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Redbull ]

·
Banned
51 Posts
Was that a hatchery or wild elk? What do they clip? Dont tell the indians, they'll try and net it.

I had such a sight below the Foster damn... a LONG time ago. That rag horn didnt bite. Guess they dont like Corkeys.

·
Premium Member
22,175 Posts
Say it ain't so, Mel...
I don't think he was fishing near the OC Elks, I think he was fishing FROM the OC Elks...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts