IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone point me in the direction of some reasonably priced brush pants? The only ones I have found are in the $75-$100; I don't beat the brush enough to justify that price.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Stop by the Columbia outlets here in town periodically. I picked up a pair there for cheap, and they work great.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
If you’re intent is to use them for upland just buy a pair of double fronted carharts, never have had an issue in the stickiest of brush.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Wrangler has a pant that has a cordura type lining on the front of the legs above the knee and wraps all the way around below the knee. used to pick them up at the outlet store. Not waterproof but work great on the brambles and thick sage when it is dry. Price was right at around $35.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I picked up a pair of the Columbia Briar Shun Upland pants for $35 on sale at GI Joes a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
When I used to cruise timber I used a pair of "Tin" pants that loggers tend to use.............I loved them and wore them out until they were shreds.........Durable, waterproof, plenty flexible, I wish I had another pair........I think they are probably $100 - $125 these days. I even use caulk boots to pack out animals when out in a steep clear cut.........can't ask for any better traction. Later, Wheels.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
My waxed Filsons have lasted well over 15 years tough years. Wet nasty *****ly work! What other pants you own that are over 15 years old.
Value.....
They are pretty ugly now, functional, but for some reason the waist got smaller and the top button is tough to close!:smirk:

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Filson waxed chaps are a good option too. Not too expensive. The carhart double faced pants are good too (but we don't get quite as wet over here).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts