IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I broke my Lami,
I was using it in Nehalem and caught the bottom along the jetty up by jetty fisheries end and thought it might be a fish, gave it some line and it seemed to take so I gave it a little hookset and whammo, I caught a rock and blew my tip in the process.
It is one of the lower end lami's (Warranty is up) and I contacted lamiglas and after shipping and repair cost I might as well buy a new rod ~$15 difference. But I thought I would see if anyone has a good tip for it or if anyone needs a new bottom. It was an AC86M 8'6" 10-15 I think, maybe 8-12??
Anyway if anyone has a match we could probably work something out.

FOD

[ 10-14-2003, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: FishOrDie ]

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
Sorry FOD...can't help ya there. I don't have that rod. If you're up by Woodland, WA anytime soon though, i'd drop into the Lami store there and see what they can do for you. Haven't dealt with them personally, but i've heard many people give them thumbs up for service. Maybe they can help you out for a little less $$$! :shrug: Hope everything works out....

-jokester

[ 10-14-2003, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: jokester ]

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
How much tip did you lose?

Might be able to attach a new tip top and keep using it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
They gave me a tip section when I took mine in to get repaired. Windings don't match but who cares. They just went into the back room and found one that would fit off of a rod with a broken butt section. Great customer service and a better price ($0).....

·
Registered
100 Posts
hey, my name is john, glen wicks in creswell or. can help you out with another tip section call me at 503-540-7802 after 5pm , i'll give you phone numbers and directions.

·
Registered
491 Posts
hey,John.this is Randy D.softball season winding down and it's about time you pick up a reel bat and go get some strikes! :smile: the fish are in and we haven't been fishing together in a long time.i'll email you sometime and welcome to the board. :grin:

·
Registered
100 Posts
randy,been a long time , yes softball is winding down and it is time ,call me i can help you out with you fishing rod ,john

1 - 7 of 7 Posts