IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Send it all in. They will probably replace the whole thing. Berkley has always been really good to me about replacing their poles really quick.

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
In honor of Jennie: They are rods. Poles are what linemen climb to fix the wires. :hoboy:

As for sending you a new top half, the upper section would have to be fitted to the lower section. There is enough variance from rod to rod to make sending you just the top half infeasible. They will replace the rod, I am told. Never managed to break one (yet).

·
Registered
554 Posts
Where did you buy it from? I brought mine back to GI Joes with my receipt and they replaced no questions asked.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
What's the difference between a fishing rod and a fishing pole ?....

About $70.00! :laugh: :laugh: :wink:

Rods are for fishing, poles are for flags. :tongue: :wink:

·
Registered
554 Posts
If you bought it at GI Joes, bring the whole rod back with your receipt and they will replace no questions asked. They did for me.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha
i bought the ROD at sunset sports, here in boise..so ill try there, but im not hopefull
i only WISH we had GI joes here

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If they don't do an over the counter exchange, at least get the info from a warrenty card and mail the "rod" to them. It shouldn't take too long to get the rod back.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
A 7'9" Pole is pretty darn big, I met a 7'4" Czech once. Neither had a flag though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Isn't that a one piece rod? The 8'6 or 9'0 are usually two piece rods.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Tilla.... :laugh: :laugh: :grin:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imagine trying to fit a 9foot one peice POLE into your car!

[ 06-23-2003, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: BonkBonkBonk ]

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
bring it back, they should replace it in the store where you bought it, GI joes does. I've doen it, otherwise return all and they will replace the whole rod. a good deal, worst case they will charge you shipping.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, they woudlnt take it back
guess i have to send it in
finding a tube to put it in is gonna suck

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
FYI, I went through a phase when fishing with my buddy Ben. Whenever I called it a pole I got in big trouble. :smile:

ROD. Fishing ROD... It's imprinted now!

Jen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts