IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed that the male end of the ferrule on my loomis imx is cracked about an inch. what do you guys think?? i heard that since shimano bought out loomis that the warranty policy aint so great. the rod is about 4 years old. any advice on what to do?? kb

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Take the rod to Loomis In Woodland. For $50.00 they will replace the rod with a brand new one no questions asked.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I don't know if you or someone you know is into building rods, but there is a guide in florida that is a G Loomis rep that sells lots of older blanks cheap. A Hot Shot series, various weights, is about $70 ($370 rod).

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Customer service does NOT suck at Loomis. if its a warranty issue it will be replaced free of charge and on the spot if they have a blank there made up. if not you will have to wait until they have one made for you. If you want a no Questions asked replacement then the 50$ is money well spent. I took my halibut rod in that my wife shut the garage door on and paid my 50 with a smile to replace my approx 400$ rod

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Yep your hosed. You might as well throw it away. I tell you what I will give you $20 for it and try replacing the end myself :cheers: :grin: :grin:
Take it back even if your wife closes the garage door on it they will replace it Right BB

Dan

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Bugflicker,
Loomis will take care of you..

fish4life,
Maybe if it were a GL2 the rainshadow would be comparable, but what your are saying is trade in your bently for a honda civic. An IMX is the bently of salmon/steelhead rods.

[ 11-10-2003, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: willametteriveroutlaw ]

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Fish4life, Are you serious? First off, Rainshadow only makes rod blanks. So if one breaks, not only do they have to get the blank warranteed, they would need the rod rebuilt. That is OK if the rod builder is still in business and is reputable enough to get it handled for you.
Secondly, How could you compare an IMX with a rainshadow? :rolleyes:

To anyone that says Loomis has changed their warrantee since the Shimano changeover: Please give details. I have never had a problem or have I ever heard of anyone having a problem getting a rod replaced.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Call them they will send you a new rod then you use the tube to send in your old broken one. They include the postage in the $50 dollar fee. I think the call it the "expiditer".

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
The expeditor program is for when you bust a rod and just want it replaced ASAP with no questions asked. If you want to save $50 and you think the crack was no fault of yours, you can take it up there and they may warrantee it out for free. This is where the confusion is I think. They have a $50 no questions return program. It did NOT REPLACE the factory warrantee of replacing any defective rods for free.

·
Registered
588 Posts
is loomis in Woodland also? I thought it was Lamiglas

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
yes Loomis is based out of woodland. 1359 Down River Dr, Woodland Wa

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok gang hold your fire .... i just went to reach for it in the driftboat and noticed it was busted.. could have got closed in the fishbox hatch i dunno :shrug: but you can bet your bottom dollar i will be at the front door of g loomis this friday morning with $50.00 in hand. anybody know what time they open.????

·
Registered
395 Posts
It seems like most people are under they assumption that Shimano recently took over Loomis. If I'm correct I heard it was actually something like closer to 5 years ago they took it over. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this wasn't a recent acquisition. It just seems it became common knowledge in the last year or so.

Also 2 years ago my buddy set the hook into my 1084 IMX and it snapped the tip off of it. I went up to fisherman's and they sent it off and 2-3 weeks later I got it back and all I paid for was shipping which was like 8 bucks.

Later Geoff

[ 11-10-2003, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: weekend warrior ]

·
Registered
100 Posts
hey bug_ the 50.00 is no questions asked replace right there or pay the 20.00 and that will cover shipping costs on the return they are pretty good to work with good luck...

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
end of story. i called loomis this morning and they are overnighting me one. i send the busted one back in the shipping container. best 50 bucks i ever spent.. great customer service...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just sent a rod to Loomis the 5th of November and got it back on my front porch, here in Rogue River the 11th no questions asked. NEW ROD!!I must say that they are the best, that's right THE BEST!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts