IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Fenwick stands behind their products? I broke my 9' salmon rod yesterday on a 20+ pound coho that went nuts!! I released the fish, but the whole ordeal came at a price!

I was thinking of shipping it off to them with a note explaining what happened, but the rod is 10 yrs. old now. :shrug:

HC

·
Registered
122 Posts
half conuck
Many years ago I broke the tip of a rod in a tailgate. I called fenwick and told them what happend and they saild no problem just send it in.
I did and they sent a new tip section and a bill for shipping (under 2.00).
I was very pleased with the service.
fox

·
Registered
803 Posts
half canuck, I broke my HMG and sent it to Fenwick. They replaced it with a Legacy model. When asked about it, they said it was no big deal, it's made from the same blank and components! So I asked them when I got screwed, now or when I paid the extra hundred for the HMG. He didn't have an answer. I then asked him if he ever heard of GLoomis. End of conversation. That was my last Fenwick. I hope your experience is better than mine was.....Good Luck.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I busted the tip off one of mine and the shop I bought it from fixed it on the spot when I took it in. If I were you I'd call the company before I sent it in, their phone number should be easy enough to find.

salmurai, GLoomis also has cheaper and more expensive rods made from the same blank, the GL3 and Trident come to mind, about $150 difference in price for prettier components on the same GL3 blank. I'd agree they should have compensated you somehow for the downgrade though.

Kevin

[ 10-23-2003, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: wade ]

·
Registered
371 Posts
Fenwick
Pure Fishing
1900 18th Street
Spirit Lake, IA 51360
1-877-FEN-RODS
(877) 336-7637

give them a call it can't hurt and good luck

·
Registered
644 Posts
A few years ago I broke mine wrestling a springer into the boat. It was about 7-8 years old and had a lot of use on it, but as I recall it only cost me the shipping back to Fenwick and they replaced it with a new one. The identical model was no longer made, but they replaced it with the closest current model. Fair enough. After that long and all the use it had, heck, I was happy.

Now I build my own, so replacement is on me. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, I just got off the phone w/ Pure Fishing (Fenwick) and they've instructed me to send it in w/ return shipping and a note attached describing how it broke.

Wish me luck on getting a replacement!

HC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts