IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for you guys who fish Dog Creek, it's starting all over again.
I put in at the upper ramp yesterday and there were two rigs parked down by the Dog Creek trail.
About an hour down the river my shuttle person calls and said one of those rigs got broken into. I'm glad it wasn't mine this time, been there, done that. I feel for the guy who this happened to. I'm still peeved about my incident last year.
I also heard one of JP's clients got hit at Carver a bit ago too.
This is getting ridiculous, it's not "IF" but "WHEN" you are going to get hit on any of the Clack put ins. Sure can put a damper on your fishing day if you have to worry about your truck while you float the river.
Be vigilant and don't leave anything valuable in sight or in your rigs at all.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
...don't leave anything valuable in sight or in your rigs at all.
Hit the nail on the head - after experiencing a few break-ins myself I've left nothing to risk. Always take my stuff with me or put _any_ 'incentives' to break in out of sight. Parasites will look elsewhere if there's nothing to be had.

The area of Portland by Burnside and 405 - I have two friends whos vehicles were broken into for jackets. Yeah - jackets - CDs, stereos weren't touched and in plain view. One had a North Face Jacket stolen - the other a regular jacket... both had broken windows. The latter - while waiting to fill out a report, we found the jacket a few cars away. Guess it didn't fit the person who stole it. :mad:

Sucks - but you don't want to give them any reason to break in.

StinkyH

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
That's just great. You know, I was just thinking about when Rivermill is going to start fishing and now I'm going to have to worry about this while I'm down there trying to find biters. I hope they sting the little punks and make it hurt.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI, when I got hit last year the thieves also took my registration and any paperwork with info on it I had in my truck too. I keep that stuff well hidden nowadays.
Identity theft is at an all time high and though I doubt the thieves hitting us at the parks are that sophisticated it won't hurt to make sure you don't have any info like that in your truck either.

·
Registered
559 Posts
<font color="blue"> M M . the problem herein lies

King James Bible" KIng Solomon speaking through the inspiration of God Himself said

Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily , therefore the hearts of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

you can thank your politicians and liberal judges for those guys doing this over and over again. :smash: :smash: :smash: :hoboy: :rolleyes: </font>

1,382 Posts
Man I am glad I dont live up in that area. I would never get no fishing done. I would be to busy trying to drill the thieves with a 8oz cannon ball :grin:

We dont seem to have that kind of trouble much down in my neck of the woods the worst I have had happen is to come back and find a garden hose hanging out of my gas tank :tongue:
that was back when gas was cheap I might feel different now with gas $2 a gallon lol

Quasi

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Geez Rich. You've been getting it pretty bad, 2 times in a week???

Hope your HO policy takes care of you. It's not just Dog Creek but everywhere on the Clack. You guys that park up in the lot to walk into Rivermill need to be careful too, it happens there also.
If there's a safe, sane and legal way to set up a sting I'll give up a fishing day or two to assist.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I have had more items stolen while I lived in Eugene town for 4 years than I ever thought about having lifted while I lived here in PDX. Once my brother's car was stolen with all of his things. The cops found it and the thief dealing drugs under the Jefferson street overpass. Thanks to the jobless recovery we are stuck with a rise in crime. :smash:

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
you can thank your politicians and liberal judges for those guys doing this over and over again.

Huh? :whazzup:
Seems to me we can thank the conservatives who passed medieval drug laws that resulted in overcrowded jails. Then the thieves get a citation and an ROR, unless they happen to be possessing if/when they're caught.

Actually, there's way too many factors to consider to blame any one issue.

We oughta set up a stakeout on the Clack. Seriously. Park a rig, complete with empty DB trailer, at one of the launches. Then find a spot to stake it out, and try to video it as well. Wouldn't be that hard to do. I'd bet we'd pop somebody on the first couple of tries.

It's not radical or far-fetched. We all know the cops can't do it, and something HAS to be done. I'm not the worrying type, but I'm at the point where I have to plan around leaving a vehicle unattended. It sucks. Fishing is not supposed to be stressful. At least when I'm getting stressed out at work I'm getting paid.
I'm willing to help out on this, and I don't even fish the Clack that much.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Mikey- Identity theft may be the reason that they stole your registration, but I don't think so. I once had my truck broken into at a nice restaraunt, and all they took was the registration. When I got home, they had broken into my house. If they steal it at a boat ramp, they know you're gonna be gone for a few hours and they have time to rob you blind. :mad:

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just sent one of you guys an e-mail, anyone else that would be interested in setting something up please contact me. :smile:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Mikey- Identity theft may be the reason that they stole your registration, but I don't think so. I once had my truck broken into at a nice restaraunt, and all they took was the registration. When I got home, they had broken into my house. If they steal it at a boat ramp, they know you're gonna be gone for a few hours and they have time to rob you blind. :mad:
That's pretty scary. Think I'll be concealing my reg papers from now on.

Thanks,
StinkyH

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I take anything of value out of my rig and leave the glove and console compartments open so that they can see that the rig has already been cleaned out. So far, so good.

Doug

·
Registered
370 Posts
I did a trip on the Clack a week/1/2 ago with some really nice folks from Salt Lake. Did Barton/Carver. At Carver, we found out that the folks rental car was broke into, and some luggage stolen. It was a quickie for the thieves. They only got luggage with dirty clothes. They didn't get purse/money/lap top..... Clack. Co. didn't want to bother with a report, and wouldn't send a car, said they would put the info on the computor. It took my customers most of the evening to settle with the rental car company. A bummer end to a good day of fishing. I saw a car full of kids race through the parking lot in a big car. Big Olds/Grand Torino, light color. Saw them several times that day. The driver was a big fat kid, and they were "out of place". I'm sure the rental car full of luggage in plane site was a sitting duck. Food for thought. Get a rental car co sticker, and some empty luggage/computor case, and load a car up with all this stuff in sight. Put out of state plates on it, and add a few fishing poles. They'll come!
JP

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Mad Mikey, sent you an e-mail. :smile:

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Hey J.P.! Good to see you on ifish!! Da redhead here! How's Perry? Hey how bout parking across the river with a video cam? :dance: :hearton: judyfish99

1 - 20 of 25 Posts