IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow Bill and I are hitting the Willamette, and we are taking BOTH dogs. :smile:

So, if you see a beautiful black lab, and an equally gorgeous mutt, wave hi, and give me some good Springer Karma!

It's my turn! I really, really want to fight a springer! :smile:

Can both dogs have rods or just one? :smile:

Jen

·
Registered
270 Posts
Good Luck, I always take my labs, they are awesome fishing partners and lose less of my gear too. You`ll do good, have fun. :dance:

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,255 Posts
The river came up and colored later this afternoon. Even the Clackamas color is off.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I know the restrictions for the Columbia. Wed through Sat. I assumed the Willamette/and the Channel was the same. Is Portlands toilet open 7 days a week?

If it is open I chould be out there in the am... thanks.

Jet~~~

[ 04-13-2003, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: jet ]

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I heard that it is colored but still fishable... Shoot, is it that bad?
I'm not driving all the way there, if it is.
Jen

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Jennie,

Last year when Willamette was mud, we fished a bit below Meldrum's bar where the cleaner Clackamas water helped a bit.

We got three and guy next to us had three.

Maybe one of the Willamette pros could suggest a place further down river where the silt drops out a bit.

Does the Multnomah Channel count as Willamette? Launching and fishing at St Helens ramp and fishing there might be good. That's where Dennis and I fished.

Brion

·
Registered
188 Posts
The Willamette colored this afternoon, but is still fishable. The clack had colored a bit but it will provide a clearing influence to the willamette. If we don't get any heavy rain tonight it will clear some by morning.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I've seen it worse!! But I'll be there tommorow so If you see a Red flat bottom say hey!!I think I really got the fever now!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Oh ya,and if only one dog can have a rod I'll take the other cause my friends leaving early :wink: :grin:

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Does the Multnomah Channel count as Willamette?
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Yep- and fishin' was REALLY slow today. I saw 2 hooked and heard of just one other.

--spud-- :smile:

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
So I am hearing this right, the Willamette is open 7 days a week right now including the Channel.

I really didn't give the Willamette a thought when they restricted the Columbia. I can't wait unitl wednesday.

Jet~~~

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Jen, I caught two last Thursday and the visibility was probably a little over 2ft...It was green and looked green coming home from work today at 1:30pm. I plan on fishing it tomorrow afternoon till late with the boy, we'll be in the Hawthorne bridge area or just below :grin:

Great Luck :smile:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Yes, the Willamette and channel are open 7 days a week. The Willamette fish aren't worrying the biologists, its the upriver fish run.

--spud-- :smile:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
The upper willamette in the Salem (Wheatland) area is Mud vis. is very low and with any more .95 inches of rain in 90 minute thunder showers come back over tonight it will not be much better below the falls.... IMO

Jen Go troll the bay I have a feeling about tommorow :smile:

Cut plug herring diver 11 pulls.... :smile:

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Willamette today at Albany, cafe-mocha-chocolate-mud. Coming to a stretch of river near you... :depressed:

·
Registered
280 Posts
It didn't rain enough to put the visibility off more than a few. You stick with scent, persistance, and fresh attitude. :smile:

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
It didn't rain enough to put the visibility off more than a few. You stick with scent, persistance, and fresh attitude.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Mud, like water, flows downhill.

I will be very surprised if it's fishable outside of the Clackamas clear-water plume anywhere today!!

TR

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I'll be brave on Wednesday instead... Give this river a little chance to get ready for two fish hungry mutts. :smile:

Jen

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
A better choice, Jenn.

And when you do, head for the Columbia.

The Willametty has raised and fishing was really slow yesterday. reeldick managed one in my boat, but fish were few and far between. With the Salem/Albany mud coming down, it is going to be a while now...

The Clack is producing this morning though. I have noticed one off the blacktop and a couple in boats at the mouth. But it is a very small and concentrated area to fish...

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I agree with hogmaster. It usually takes at least two days to get the mud from the valley down here so it isn't going to get any better color unless you are right in the plume of the clack and it is still a bit dirty itself.

[ 04-14-2003, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: firedog ]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts