IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Told the two boys on their days off we'd go out and try for some Salmonoids :smile: they fought last night about who'd get first fish...Which was Holden and if he got tired Josh would finish up...We got out just after Sun-up...the tide was just starting to run out.... tic toc tic toc.. :sleep: we waited patiently till 9:40 then a rod flattens out :shocked: I grab it and hand it over to Holden...

He does a wonderful job playing the fish and is getting tired saying his arm hurts...but i get him to stick it out and after it comes to the surface for the third time it lays on it's side and i net it.

that was it that morning and a big shower came through and bout scared us off the river...We stuck it out and just after we pulled anchor we saw some light...
I moved up to just below where Brion drops anchor and we sat in the sun fer a while.
Boys were being boys so we decided to go troll for a while...just before i took the last rod out of the holder it goes down...Holden was pointing to it but never said a word...Josh grabs the rod and after a short battle he gets a barely 24" Chinook, Not bad for a couple of brats.

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 10-10-2003, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mrdorkfish,

I must be becoming a sensitive guy. I am a father and stepfather of five sons and a grandfather of 3 girls and one boy. I saw this wonderful photo and it brought a tear to my eye. My fondest memories with all of my children were that like you shared with us. And I've had a chance to repeat it with my oldest granddaughter to date. Thank you for sharing. I fish that area, and will be there tomorrow.

Yes I Am

·
Registered
17,215 Posts
Good deal, what a great day. And I was wondering how it was gonna go for ya, so thanks for posting.

BTW, I see in yesterdays paper that the Bonne counts bumped back up to over 3000 chinook.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I Am, The river is a great place to spend time with family and make memories....I get just as much enjoyment out of watching them catch fish as i do myself catching one. I'm supposed to get first fish tomorrow but i think i'll pass :wink: GaryK, I hate to say it...but I feel lucky when i'm by myself :shrug: I had a blue slashed Brad and two Simon's with blue dots in the water...I knew it was gonna happen :grin: ******, Yes..very good Karma :cheers:

There was pretty much NOBODY out there today...

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
366 Posts
Louis,

:bowdown: Way to get those kids onto fish . They're lookin' to be the age where you'd probably rather buy their clothes than feed um
. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Mrdorkfish,

I moved up to just below where Brion drops anchor and we sat in the sun fer a while.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">That was cruel! I saw that fancy rig with all the silver Honda hardware on the back as I was cruising up to the Sandy to get skunked...er...run out of time. I was thinking of anchoring up there (that's actually the spot Freespool showed me) but I figured...nah...I'm seeing fish at the Sandy, I'll tough it out.

Saw the fellas catch one over on the Washington side trolling plugs. Might do that tomorrow morning.

Getting close to time to start fast trolling for silvers. Ran into one of the guides, Jerry Beard, up there giving it a try.

Brion

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Louis,

Nice post. Never have enough fishing with the family pictures around here. :cheers:

With all of the blood you are getting in that boat, maybe you should picked a maroon one. :wink:

Joe

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took out the boys again today...man oh man... they tire me out... :rolleyes: We had to sit a while longer to get this beautiful shiny fish...It happened about 11:45...Simon was the lure of choice again today..It weighed in at 18lbs. We had one other tickle earlier but no sticky sticky :shrug:

Josh said he had to have one in front of the boat..

Way to go boys :dance:

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 10-10-2003, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Registered
14,810 Posts
Right ON!!

Keep those brats...Uh..boys fishin.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was there this morning and marked fish all over the place. Unfortunately, I had to leave before the outgoing tide. All conditions looked good.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Simply awesome job dad

Two days in a row too :dance: :dance:

Tell you kids good job. :grin: What a good couple of reports Louis, I really like seeing all the pics

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
5-cents...thanks :smile: The boys were very excited to get into some fish, I've been making the best of fishing only 2 days a week. Past years i would save up all my vacation time for fishing but my bride has this thing for Mexico :shrug: Beats honeydo's :grin: ******, That shiny fish was squeaky clean of parasites (exterior) but Holden's had them scattered over the anal fin area... It had a little color to it...beautiful meat though :cool:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Hi Mr. dorkfish,
Glad to see you still putting the hurt on them fish. I know you got them kids hooked for ever now. I was wodering if it was worth fishing tommorow and by your pic I can see that it is. Tommorow I get to finally put the boat in it's maiden voyage and we'll see if we can't get some blood in it. Thanks for sharing your pics with us. Keep them coming.

:smile: Smily :smile:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts