IFish.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using 30 pound power pro for years I like it for the most part.
I does tend to tip wrap from time to time.
Is there any new braid that you all like better or should I stick to what I know ?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
I stick pretty much to what I know.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I really like the power pro super slick. 8 strand so far it seems great with very little line twist.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,532 Posts
What type of fishing are you using it for?

If it's float fishing for steelhead, I've been using 14# Berkley Fireline Crystal for years and really like it. Cast well, floats well which makes mending easy, and seems to wear well over time.........Tip wrap issues was the reason I went away from 30# Power Pro.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have switched to using braid for almost everything.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Power pro seems to deteriorate after a few years and loose it's strength. I have some tuna and halibut reels with tuffline that's almost 30 years old.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been using 30 pound power pro for years I like it for the most part.
I does tend to tip wrap from time to time.
Is there any new braid that you all like better or should I stick to what I know ?

Thanks
Yes, I've been using it too. My question is do you like the High Vis?

·
Registered
19,626 Posts
Power pro seems to deteriorate after a few years and loose it's strength. I have some tuna and halibut reels with tuffline that's almost 30 years old.
I found the same thing, so every 2 years I turn the line around on the spool.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got the power pro super slick V2 and can't say enough about it, it's awesome! I liked the 30lb so much I bought 65lb for my salmon/sturgeon rod. I do kinda want to try the tufline domin8 just to compare though because I've had good luck with tufline too.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I just got the power pro super slick V2 and can't say enough about it, it's awesome! I liked the 30lb so much I bought 65lb for my salmon/sturgeon rod. I do kinda want to try the tufline domin8 just to compare though because I've had good luck with tufline too.
Same for me on both. The super slick is great.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Tuff Line XP Great product and super strong. I use 50 LB for winter Steelhead with long leaders or you can use a monofilament bumper in front. I lose very little gear other than the leaders. Have had no issues getting bit regardless of water conditions. I fish in a lot of rough real rocky Boulder water and it holds up well. It’s not cheap but worth every penny you spend. Use 65 and 80 Lb for Salmon fishing . Bobber and back bouncing both. It’s money.(y):)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been trying J briad on my newest reels and am happy with it at around 5c a yard..but tile will tell how it lasts compared to my regular power pro

1 - 15 of 15 Posts