IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It all started at the NW Steelheaders swap meet in Hillsboro earlier this spring. My wife booked a trip to Buoy 10 with my favorite guide Marv McQuinn from Mars Guide service.
We decided to take or Dads on the trip as father day and birthday gifts. Our second oldest son also went as an ata boy for completing 4 years of college with a 3.92 GPA.

The day started out slow but ended with a huge bang. On our last pass for the day @ 4:30 fishing between the bridge and Hammond my dads rod goes off and then slacks up. I yelled for him to reset the diver. About that time his rod doubles over and the fight was on. This monster made 4 or 5 strong run back toward the open seas only to get drug back to the boat. Every time it saw the boat it wanted nothing to do with it. Finally after what seemed like an hour (15 Min) it came to the net. Everyone sighed. I'm not sure who was more worn out dad or us. This monster was bright chrome as I have ever seen a fish. 48 POUNDS! :dance: We ended the day with 4 other Chinook right @ 20 lbs or just over and 4 Coho one of which I caught was 15 lbs. Marv fished us in just about every corner of the river. I don't know of many guides that work as hard as Marv does. Were all looking forward to doing it again next year.

http://www.ifish.net/uploads/322610239.jpg
http://www.ifish.net/uploads/474716240.jpg
These filets were 30 inchs long.

[ 08-29-2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Small Fry ]

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Aw man.............. Nice story, but you got me al jazzed up to see a pic and nothing.. Hope you get it figured ut. you can e-mail it to me and I can try it for you, but I wouldn't be able to get to it till later tonight with work and all...

Congrats to your son and to Dad for a great job! :dance:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Hey Steve I cant wait to see those pics :cheers:

·
Registered
869 Posts
OH MY!! There's a FATTY! Congratulations on everything..getting to fish with your dads and for catching fish.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice fish :bowdown: :bowdown:
I gotta get me some of that... what a great time. thanks for the tale, your Dad isn't gonna let that fish go, is he?!? :grin:

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Nice fish, GREAT pic of your Dad. Glad you got to share the day with him. Cherish your time with him as it is limited...............

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gus your looking to hard. I didn't want the guides name to clear.

·
Registered
816 Posts
:bowdown: now that is a fish :dance: congratson the catch and goodto hear you were able to share it with family

cartman

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
Nice fish. That first picture is priceless. Looks like you would have a fight on your hands if you tried to take that one away from him. Shoulda tried the old "too many fins" gag.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
In my dreams :cheers:

·
Registered
472 Posts
What a hog!! I've known Marv for a long time & he works his tail off to get his people into fish. I've got my own boat but still book him a few times a year to learn new things. I was with him on Weds the day after you got yours, we got a full boat limit with all our Chinooks. We lost one very close to the boat that was in that size range.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Streetwalker

Sorry to hear about looseing a big one. Glad to hear you got limits. We fished hard but it was one of those day. I too book trip several time a year with Marv just to learn new areas and then take my boat out try the same area.

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
I love the grasp on that fish!

We should do a picture contest on ifish of "Fish, too big to hold up!"

I got one like that this year, and I just held it about the same, like I was playin it like a banjo!

Never had so much slime on my clothes in my life, but I didn't care! I was keeping a tight hold on that fish!!!

Jen

1 - 20 of 21 Posts