IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I will be going to the CR tomorrow and need to pick up some Alvins and or Brads wobblers. What size do you recommend?
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Hi mike, how's it goin ? There's only one size of Alvin's and Brad's. You should consider swapping out the hooks that they come with for Owner treble hooks, it's very effective. Cut off the welded ring and put two split rings on with and owner treble hook. Gives the hook a little more sway to it. Buy the half copper/chrome and chrome with blue tip. Also buy some green and blue lure tape (Not luhr jensen, it comes off in the current).

Make sure and wash them first, and then scent them. Have fun and good luck !! :dance:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi wootersen, Its going ok...Thanks for the info.
What size Owner treble hooks? and what kind of weights do I need to get?
Hey! are you going to do any bank fishing on the Sandy and or Clack on week days? If so maybe we could meet there. I plan on going next week and I hear we can keep 3 coho now on those 2 rivers..

Mike

·
Registered
448 Posts
Propect, If you bank it on the weekdays on the clack could you pm me. The system will probably be full in the next week and I've heard there piled up at the mouth of Eagle crk. It'd be fun to hook up and see if we pull three out a piece.

·
Administrator
41,375 Posts
Wobblers mainly come in a single size per brand, but different brands operate best in different current speeds. For example a Clancy is heavy and likes stronger current, while a K spot is small and likes a light current. In between a Manistees, Brads, Alvins and Simons. What's nice about Brads, Alvins, K Spots, and Simons is they have a flat bend in the middle which allows tuning. You can also tune the action with different size and weight hooks. The key with any wobbler is .... are you ready ... this is revolutionary ... The Wobble! Make sure you're getting it!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Mike,
Right now I don't have any weekdays off but that changes from month to month. I wouldn't mind doing some weekday bank fishing with you as soon as my schedule changes. I'll send you a pm when I have a free weekday. It'll probably be a wednesday or Thursday. Have fun tomorrow.
John :cheers:

[ 09-12-2003, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: wootersen ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts