IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fishing Monday 5/12/03 with my 3 year old son and fellow ifisher Smeltman near the head of the channel.

Around 10:30 am my son's rod goes off, and smeltman delivered the hookset!! He hands the rod off, and I help my son land this beautiful 21lb. Springer.

My son was quick to tell all other nearby people that saw this fish caught that "I caught this fish on my pole and They (Dad and Smeltman) didn't get one!" He also told complete strangers and of course Mom the same thing.

A big thanks to Smeltman for his hookset and net job, also his patience for all the "why's and reel in and check my bait".... every 2 minutes.

That was the only fish to the boat, and we had a couple of other takedowns.

Go figure, 3 yrs old, first time out, hooks into a 21lb springer! I now have a very happy son, and a very proud Dad!!!

My son asked me last night if I was going fishing tomorrow? I said no.... would you wanna go fishing with me again if I was going fishing? He said yes with a big smile!

I think I got a future fishing partner that will last a life time!

~SK~

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
:grin: Congrats! :cheers:

RF

·
Registered
17,015 Posts
Wow, that's quite a 'first fish', :cheers: nice pic too. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hey sturgeon king yesterday was a day to remember. :dance: Aside from all the questions and how comes about the rod your son did a great job being patient and waiting until that pig hit his rod.
Thanks again for the trip and hopefully we can do it again very soon. :laugh:

Tight Lines SM

·
Registered
209 Posts
out fished by a 3 year old. hmmmm that cool as cool gets. you should check you scale i think it may be a little off. that fish look bigger then 21 lbs. good job guys.
:cheers: :dance:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Boatless,

Weighed the fish with both my digital scale and the scale at Fred's. Both said 21 lbs. Both Smeltman and I both thought it would weigh 25 lbs.

C&M,

Will check into the "Fish Books"! Thanks!

~SK~

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
Nice fish little Sturgeon King :cheers: Congrats!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts