IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try Motion Marine. They have a good bolt on anchor holder for around $80. You can get them by contacting Motion Marine or at Fishermans Marine, GI Joes, or Bobs in Longview.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I put a motion marine craddle on my North River...It works very well holding the anchore in place and out of the way...I attach a bunge cord when traveling rough water or on the highway...Make sure you mount the roller at least 2" ahead of the bow...this will allow you to pull the rope, chain, and anchor over the roller and not the bow of the boat (mine wasn't and had to be moved). I also lined the edges of the craddle with metal lined rubber. This allows you to use the craddle to pull your anchore without cutting you anchore rope. The set-up allows you to keep the bow organized and I think allows for a safer release of the anchore.

·
Registered
56 Posts
At the sportsman show last year there were several outfits selling anchor rollers that held the rocker anchors in place. Some of them also had vertical stays to keep the rope centered on the roller. I of course lost al the infomation, business cards , etc. that would have guided me to these local manufacturers. Does anybody know of someone in the state who makes a good anchor roller/holder systenm for an aluminum sled? Its for a 20' Willie Predator. And if it needs be welded on, Any recommendations as to a local welder Cause i like the boat, and with my welds we would have to wear out a grinder to make it look decent. Thanks

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
The MM unit is good. The other is made by "Big Water Company" ( I think). The MM unit is good( I have one). But the big water unit is better. Wish I would have spent more money on it up front.

Chech the STS mag for a fish cleaning box. Same folks make the anchor bracket.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Yup.... Flatfish is right. Big Water Company, and I have one on my 19' Alumaweld. I love it. It's more spendy than the MM model, but after checkin' both out I decided to go with Big Water and I haven't been sorry....

Best of luck..... Tim :smile:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I bought mine (Anchor and nest) from Sigler's installed on my new boat for $300. I would think it would be cheaper right from the River Hawk folks in Salem. :shrug:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the clues I'll check them out. I can't find River Hawk in the Phone book. Any other name that they might go by?

·
Registered
19,907 Posts
Who sells the Big Water anchor bracket?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Freespool,

The BigWaterAnchor company is local in Gresham. Can't post the link here but if you do a Google search, they come up.

They'll be at the Sportsman's and Boat shows and do specials during the show so that might be a good time to catch them.

I like mine. You can pull the ball, chain and anchor right up over the rollers, no bashing the boat or dragging the chain over the side of the boat.

Brion

·
Registered
140 Posts
The Big Water Company Anchor Assist is by far the best. I fish alone most of the time, and have no problem pulling my anchor ball and anchor in without having to reach over the bow. I made the mistake of posting a link, to a fellow ifisher, to a non sponser website, only to have my email edited by a moderator. That's why I don't post very often. So, like fishing, happy surfing.

·
Registered
19,907 Posts
Brion,will my 32lb EZ Marine fold down anchor work in the Big Water? Or do I need to use their anchor?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Freespool,

You see the 32lb EZMarine on my BigAnchor setup, works great.

I have a 42 lb EZMarine that fits in there also.

The BigWater has a pin that goes through the top to keep the anchor from flying out. I added another pin, drilling right through the shaft of the anchor. MotionMarine did the install and they also added a spacer so the anchor rides level.

By the way, your tip on using the braid in place of the tie wraps on the anchor breakaway is great.

Brion

1 - 18 of 18 Posts