IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planning to fish at the mouth on Friday. Given the tides, I would normally first go outside to the ocean ,and them come back in and try to finish up around Hammond. Is anyone still **** any good in the ocean, or have all the fish moved into the river. (I would rather fish the ocean than fight the crowd in the river)?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I've heard that the ocean is still good and being that it's after labor day, there shouldn't be too much of a crowd in the river. It dies off hard after school starts.

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
I fished the river on the Friday BEFORE Labor Day, and it really wasn't all that bad. Boats were spread out (so were fish).

Fishing should still be good on the outside, though.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
SF, I think a lot of them are moving in the river. They were thick last Sunday, but spotty on Monday. Could be a day to day thing, but a lot of fish are in the river right now with more coming every tide set. I don't know how many are left in the salt.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
We fished all through the long weekend in the river and caught limits (2 boats, 4 anglers total)each day. It was spotty, but we managed to get our kings and silvers each day. Any new reports? I'm trying to go back down for the weekend and any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I heard it was still very good at the mouth with very light pressure. Good luck :smile:

·
Registered
135 Posts
We fished the Cr bouy last three days weds being are best day, the natives were thick yestarday we realease 14 natives yestarday.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Are the chinook still there? Tules or URBs? I am heading out there this weekend, so any info is appreciated...

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
I was out there yesterday and we managed to get our silvers staying around 25 and 27 but we couldn't get a chinook to save our lives. Silvers were big and everyone we got to the boat was clipped......nice for once!

Good luck!

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
This week has been the hottest fishing of the season.

Check These out :dance:

Most days the crowds have been thin and not as many unclipped fish to pick through. We've been getting a good amount of chinook too, mostly URB with a few tule. 2 to 6 chinook per day.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The wife and I fished friday, saturday and sunday. We launched at Chinook every day about 9-10am and we were done by 2-3:00pm each day. Limits of silvers up by the bridge, but especially by the "sands" on the ebb. Nobody around us, so the fishing must of been good in other areas. We boated 32 to sort out for our 18, and big was a solid 15# and nothing under 9#'s. Great fishing, but no 'nooks, not even a tulie!

·
Registered
206 Posts
snit, glad to hear the fish were still biting this past weekend. I am planning at least one more trip to B-10 and the Chinook landing on the 11th. Hope all the fish haven't left the area after the rains we have been getting the past two days

Hope you all will keep the reports coming. Slugranch, what's your take on the situation now? How is the bait situation?

Thanks for any reports, and tight lines to all

·
Registered
206 Posts
snit, glad to hear the fish were still biting this past weekend. I am planning at least one more trip to B-10 and the Chinook landing on the 11th. Hope all the fish haven't left the area after the rains we have been getting the past two days

Hope you all will keep the reports coming. Slugranch, what's your take on the situation now? How is the bait situation?

Thanks for any reports, and tight lines to all

·
Registered
194 Posts
Fished on the Oregon side above the bridge down to B-21 over two days this Sunday and Monday; the silvers are plentiful with some in the 14-15 pound range.

We caught 3 chinook in the 19-20 range, so definitely more silvers.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks for the report fishingfever. I have fished in the area around B-21, but never between it and the bridge on the Ore. side. What depth were you at, and were you useing cut plug or whole herring, or something else?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ketchum- that's a pretty convenient stretch to troll coming out of Warrenton/Hammond. The depths were 28-40 ft, from 18-25 pulls depending on what showed on the finder. Used brined fresh herring, cut plugged, with green divers, chart. green flashers (best performer), with snubbers. Good luck and have fun. I think the silver fishery should hold up well through this month.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts