IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished all day. went out in the ocean with my friend todd, he drives the yellow "seafox", fished for a little while...nothing...then some yayhoo starts flagging us down. he's dead in the water anchored about 200 yards off the north jetty with tremendously ugly lookin water. todd called the coast gaurd and we stuck around till they got there, pretty quickly too. that shoots the first 2 hours in the foot. we head to bouy 10, and i get one. then later at the pilings at the mouth of chinook one more, the about an hour or so later i get one by the astoria bridge. then i caught a 25.999 inch chinook and a native silver. we fished until 3 or so. very nasty day with no rain even. slow day, but i came home with a limit of 3 silvers. all on plug cut herring with smelly jelly goobered all over them. fishing with a diver at about 30 ft down. we really had to work for our fish. i wish we would have just started at the bridge instead, but we got to help out the guys in the little glass boat.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Hi onebadfish,

It's good you helped someone in need like that. Yes even if they are Yayhoo's, You never know when things get ugly reel quick like that out there.

Congrats on getting fish though.

:smile: Smily :smile:

·
Registered
450 Posts
is it 24" or 26" on the chinook, we had this debate in the boat the other day. regs definately say 24".

·
Registered
501 Posts
corlyn, its 24" in the river, but its 26" in the ocean.

love2fish

·
Registered
846 Posts
Heard most of the search and rescue on the radio,,,,,,,your buddy did a nice job relaying to the CG, and should feel very proud of himself for his efforts.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Good job helping that stranded boater. Ugly water and no motor makes for a pretty helpless feeling. Your time was well spent.

:cheers:

Skein

1 - 7 of 7 Posts