IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a report on bouy 10 has anyone been down there lately for a report? Thanks in advance. :smile: :whazzup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ya here's a report! Go to frenchman's bar! Or any place up river! That's where the fish are now! Very spoty at best at bouy 10 last few days! Sorry but you asked! Good luck! ...shakerfish!..

·
Registered
206 Posts
outfishem, I'm interested in B 10 reports also. You might want to check out the following post: Bouy 10/CR. There's some information there at least through the past weekend. Would be nice to know how the first part of this week has been if anyone is fishing down there now.
:smile:

Tight lines to all

·
Registered
27 Posts
I fished buoy 10 Sat. Sun. and Mon.
It was certainly not as hot as it must have been before. I think we landed a total of 9 fish, all silvers and had 8 or 10 takedowns that didn't stick. It seems that the chinook must have all moved up river after looking at the dam counts at Bonneville.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Personally, this time of year I wouldnt spend any time at B10. If your gonna fish down there now, I would focus up river around the bridge or out in front of Hammond or Warrenton, there is still a pretty good bite in these areas. Plug cut herring...

[ 09-10-2003, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: TundraIII ]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the info I'll let you know how we did and where when we get back. :smile: :smile: :smile:

·
Premium Member
22,191 Posts
I'm gonna try it one more time this weekend before the nets go in...

·
Registered
13,860 Posts
According to Johnny ( the greatest fisherman in the whole wide world* self proclaimed*), it is slowing down. They got 2 or 3 this past weekend. Not a lot of meat for the godfather of Bill Dance.

It had to be said sir.

Mark and the still boatless, but not for too much longer dog.

·
Premium Member
22,191 Posts
states will decide net seasons friday...probably will start Monday or Tuesday, is my guess...

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
The wife and I fished friday, saturday, and sunday. We were up around the bridge on the edge of the ebb each day. We landed 32 and kept 18. All silvers, no kings at all. Generally every bait was good for a takedown, but if the bait got soft, I really buried the trailing hook through the herring and this allowed the "drive by's" to stop by for a little longer. Remember...set on your hands. We wouldn't pick up the rod until the line was really paying off of the reel, then just a little "pop" and we generally got them. Didn't lose many and missed very few. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I heard from a friend at 11:00AM that they had 7 in the box, all coho (2 big bucks though), in front of Hammond on plug cut. So it is still a very viable silver fishery.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey people, thanks for all the info. :cheers: That's what makes ifish so great!! I have kind of made committments to launch out of Chinook tomarrow. Do you think that I would be wasting my time on the Washington side, or should I barrel across to the Hammond area - - say b 21? Does it make any sense to try it at 10 for the last hour or so before high tide? Over the years I have really been hooked on doing that, but wonder if it's a little too late for that.

Thanks for the advice. I know both myself and outfishem appreciate it

Tight lines to all

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Well....I never fish 10. I'd rather fish with less poeple and (generally still) quite a few fish off of wingdam #5 & #7 (Chinook) or off the Sands in front of the church. Good luck and give us a report. The 20-25' "sands strip" in front of the church was really good to us, but no one else. Why...no one was around, most folks were above the bridge.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I fished Monday and picked up one at the Church hole, a few hard hits by up from the bridge.

Found the bite to be the most consistent in front of the cannery in Astoria and up to the bridge. Back and forth at 16-22 pulls in 25-30 ft water. Green delta by itself or with fish flash. Didnt seem to matter for the most part.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Jjust spent the last 30 days at CR. Limits every day. Came home only for the Handicap fishing day at Whiskey Creek hachery, Sat. 13th. Still hot between 27 and 29. Tues. 9 fish for 3 people. JD

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I'll be down for one last weekend before I give Tillamook a try. Cant fish for myself with the cracked ribs but got a buddy who needs to catch his first salmon so hopefully I can get him into a couple fish this weekend.

Jerry, it was nice meeting you at the Bouy 9 a couple weeks ago. Glad to see you had a good time with your buddy down there. 30 days! Man that would be awesome, but then the wife would leave me.....hmmm :grin:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Same report as Jerry Dove. Limited on Tuesday by Buoy 27, more towards the Oregon side. See my post "Astoria Limits". Nooks, too. I'd say it's still great :grin:

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Hey Tundra 111. It was nice meeting you also. Yes 30 days is great. Wife???? Well you just have to be married to the same gal for 42 years and when you get home act like you are 25 again, know what I mean. Also you have to have her come fishing when the sun is out and the fish are biting. She caught plenty of fish along with our 34 year old daughter. Oh about the sunshine----well they have real good rain gear, wouldn't you know it. Jerry

1 - 20 of 20 Posts