IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
502 Posts
Sounded like through Friday was the most likely earliest cut-off... but will have to wait until Wednesday for sure. At least they are pushing to see what unused nook impacts (if any) are available from the ocean fishery and apply them to the river - that will help.

· Registered
336 Posts
Sounded like through Friday was the most likely earliest cut-off... but will have to wait until Wednesday for sure. At least they are pushing to see what unused nook impacts (if any) are available from the ocean fishery and apply them to the river - that will help.
HOW DO YOU GET THE REPORT THAT THEY ALL HAVE IN FRONT OF THEM .

· Premium Member
21,755 Posts
Yup...that's right...from Tongue Point to Warrior Rock closes to chinook on Tuesday night, I believe...regardless of any other decisions. From Warrior Rock (Bachelor) upriver will remain open to a single chinook per day.

· Registered
3,257 Posts
Are we talking outside bouy 10 or inside bouy 10 that is in question? If it is inside then I for one will not buy a liscence next year, and my boat will be up for sale.
I suggest waiting until after the spring run. The upriver jack counts are hinting positive even though we may have to catch em' above the Willamette.

Until the end of the run or ?
Until the end of September. October will be open again unless the entire fall Chinook allocation is used.

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/fishing/docs/2007OceanRegssinglepgs.pdf

Page 5 on your reader.

· Banned
19,821 Posts
Are we talking outside bouy 10 or inside bouy 10 that is in question? If it is inside then I for one will not buy a liscence next year, and my boat will be up for sale.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if the Willamette spring chinook prediction is below a certain number, there will be no fishing in the Willamette, or the Columbia, below Kelley Point.
I don't have the exact number, but I think it's around 30K.
It doesn't look good, at this point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.