IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am more than new to the bouy 10 fishery. How long does this fishery traditionally hold up? I would like to try it a couple of times but may not get out for a few weeks...do I wait for next year?
WP

·
Registered
790 Posts
WP, as dry as it's been, my experience is that is will last well into Sept. If rain comes the fish will head upriver. It can be great through the first three weeks, but get there as early in Sept. as you can.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, looks like I still have some chance to try this fishery out! Maybe!
WP :smile:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have been able to fish and do Ok through September, if the weather holds. However, even with a GPS, I won't go out in my l9ft boat in the fog and I have hit more fog than I like in september.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
My bet is that the chinook have peaked and the silvers will peak this year in about a week or so. But, when the fish thin out so do the crowds, lots of fish to be had all month....

·
Registered
675 Posts
We fished today and had a HOT chinook Bite and good numbers of silvers but alot of gov fish today.

We love fishing all of September because crowds are gone and fishing is very good. The longer we go without weather the longer the lower river will still procuce.

I think we are another ten days of great to good chinooks and at least three weeks for silvers.

October brings back surgeon!

Tight Lines.

Live in Seaside anyone ever looking for a expenses shared ride let me know. 23ft alumiweld, also tillamook and Nehalem.

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Iv'e been there the 3rd week of September and done great on coho. Nooks not so good. The crowds on labor day were very thin compare to Saturday which was bumper boat city. Fishing had slowed a little on Monday but the remainder of the coho is still a little south of the mouth. 6 miles south of the jetty limits for a party of 8 were had on Pure Gold in 2 hours. Red hot at 12 pulls. That was Monday early morning. Ocean churned up a bit and windy came a visiting.

So, yah, fishing will remain good even after the crowds leave. I hope I get Cindy Lou back soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts