IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great day out on the river. We hit the river about 10:00 and the whole river was mine. I guess the 20 MPH East winds and snow kept people away.

We did a little catch and release sturgron fishing, for the day about 40 to the boat and two that would have been keepers a few days ago. The best part is the low flow so that I was able to fish most of the day with a heavy Salmon rod for Sturgeon. The river started getting crowded when one other boat arrived a few hours after we fished out all the good holes. It was one of those Carrot guys sporting his Team Carrot hoodie. This time of the year is just the best to enjoy the river, with a few extra layers on.

Jet~~~

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
:grin: :grin: :grin:

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does seem that team Carrot is everywhere.

Jet~~~

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
It was not really the plan to show up on the water but...

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
On the way to work I stopped to get some java and when I got in the parking lot I spilled it all over me so
I was primed to ruin at least one of my employees day when my cell rang and it was Cracker Joe wanting to go fishing. Well I got right back in my truck and picked up the boat. :grin:

You gotta know when to walk away from work I guess :rolleyes:

Any way it was one of those days in the gorge with the east wind really blowing and snow/sleet coming down every once in a while. A great day to have a top and a heater. If I did not have a TR-1 we probably could not have fished too efectively, man that thing is great for fishing on anchor in the wind!

We ended up with about 1,000,001 shakers and two fish that were probably keeper sized and I won quite a bit of money of Cracker Joe betting him he would cracker another fish so the day ended up much better than it started and all my employees kept their jobs :cool:

By the way the only two boats on the entire stretch of water were me and that other crazy Ifisher Jet! Nice to meet you :cheers:

·
Registered
348 Posts
GO TEAM POTATO GO!!!!!!!!! :grin: :tongue: :grin: Team Carrot is going to need
Because Team Potato is here. :grin:

[ 11-19-2003, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Steelhead Hound ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts