IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw on the news the stomach turning report on the 7 white sturgein stolen at bonneville. Some low lifes just gotta take from us all. I hope they catch them, but I don't count on that unless someone who knows them turns them in.

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
I heard that on the radio something has to be done to people like that

·
Banned
778 Posts
Tell me it's not the pigs in the holding tank on the Oregon side.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think they need more security in the fish hatchery's these day's. Just plain sad to hear this. :mad:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow. You think about this. Had to be a group of people for sure. You enter federal land, chase live sturgeon around a pond, capture them and then haul them off, without being seen:shocked: Makes me wonder a little about the security in the dam area:shrug:.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow. You think about this. Had to be a group of people for sure. You enter federal land, chase live sturgeon around a pond, capture them and then haul them off, without being seen:shocked: Makes me wonder a little about the security in the dam area:shrug:.

:redface: :yeahthat: :agree:

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I dont think you are talking about smalltime hoodlums. I smell a well organized crime group. Keep your ears open, the publics help is needed, I am sure.

·
Registered
718 Posts
THat is terrible, those fish are so great to look at. When someone killed Bonny a few years ago it took a long time to get another big girl to put in the viewing tank. Now it's going to be another couple of years before they have another big one on view, which is so sad for the people that visit and have never seen a stugeon before.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I agree it is very upsetting to see and here about this, as I have always enjoyed taking my family out there to see the fish and show them the great sturgeon, most definately a very sad thing to hear about, on the other hand not say that it is right but lets just hope that the people that did take these fish were people from some radical environmental group and they just took the fish to be released back into the wild, I feel a slight bit better thinking of it that way than thinking it was someone who took the fish to kill or some ******* that flipped out like they did when Bonny was killed! honestly what is this world coming too?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would bet some extreme animal rights activists could have something to do with it. The think that the viewing pond is cruel perhaps and have taken them to set them "free"

In the end, it is too bad that in the world we live in today people are low enough to steal fish, no matter who did it.

·
"The Old Salt"
10,945 Posts
I would bet some extreme animal rights activists could have something to do with it. The think that the viewing pond is cruel perhaps and have taken them to set them "free"

In the end, it is too bad that in the world we live in today people are low enough to steal fish, no matter who did it.

I had this thought as well but wouldn't such a group claim responsibilty??
What good would come of it if no one knew who did it or why??

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I had this thought as well but wouldn't such a group claim responsibilty??
What good would come of it if no one knew who did it or why??

That is exactly what I was thinking. They usually claim responsibility to promote there cause.

It is sad because I have I am hosting some Korean students right now and was planning on taking them to see the sturgeon next weekend on our way to the falls.

·
"The Old Salt"
10,945 Posts
That is exactly what I was thinking. They usually claim responsibility to promote there cause.

It is sad because I have I am hosting some Korean students right now and was planning on taking them to see the sturgeon next weekend on our way to the falls.

Herman is still there and alive and well
They only took the smaller ones from the lower viewing pond

Your students should still enjoy thier visit as there are a lot of fish to see there right now
Don't forget to show them where the hatchery coho bunch up trying to get "HOME" those fish are amazing to watch
They can jump very high and it is fun watching them trying to get over the wall

·
Registered
4 Posts
This kind of stuff is getting out of hand, and unfortunately, the bad guys keep getting more creative (or insane). Meth heads crawling under vehicles and stealing catylitic converters at trailheads, meth heads tearing Old Columbia Highway brass interpretive signs out of their concrete bases. Now we've got low life's stealing sturgeon out of the B'ville ponds, what the hell are they going to come up with next? Hope they catch the scum bags and make an example of them. Has anyone heard of a reward being offered?
rthompson:mad:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts