IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out last year around this time and seem to remember people doing pretty good. I gave it a shot near the shad rack along the island and got nothing. When I came back to the dock people were coming in from "up above" with limits. Where do you fish up there? They said they were on the Oregon side. I just can't picture where they would be. Anyway, I'm taking my girlfriend and grandfather out tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone could PM me with some info to get me pointed in the right direction. Last year I was using size 4 rainbow spinners and U-20 flatfish in chrome and blue. Am I even close? I was thinking about picking up some flash-glo's and maybe some red or orange flatfish and trying those as well. Also I was fishing in 14' with about a 2' dropper. Is that about right? Like I said if someone would be kind enough to shoot me a PM or email to get me started I would really appreciate it. Would be nice to at least know I'm fishing in "the zone". Take care.

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Try shallow water first. On the edge of the fast/slow current line. Anything from 3-15 feet deep. Sloping shore( not a dropoff). Color is not as important as where it is at.

Where, not what, is important. Sharp hooks, location, and good knots are 90% of the game. Put it in front of them and they will bite it.

Mark and the dog.

[ 08-14-2003, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Flatfish ]

·
Registered
816 Posts
I've heard that up by the oak tree is good. I have seen them caught up there.. Was up there recently and a friend got a native. I noticed he had one on when it jumped out the water. first for me so it was exciting. Good Luck

Cartman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts