IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, anybody fish below bonneville dam this past weekend? how's the bite been? hoping to go this week!

thank you,
chris :tongue:

·
Registered
993 Posts
fished sunday and today one word
sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
there messing with the water level :shocked:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Scott...i just LOVE to see a report like that...It makes me even more excited to get out and (catch) fish :grin: I also heard today was reel slow...out of Chinook Landing....but :shrug: I wasn't there :tongue: Is it Thursday yet??

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I dont understand why they need to fluctuate the levels so much. I wonder if they realize that they are making the fishing difficult. I was going to call them on Sat after they dropped the water by 3 ft in 5 hours with no one in the line getting a bit. At least they could tell us so we dont waste out time.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
We fished the Columbia for steelhead on Sunday out of Chinook Landing. We went 3 for 3 with 2 wilds released and one nice keeper put in the box.

With over 6,000 steelhead going over the dam a day the steelhead fishing should be real good for a few weeks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
As far as the raising and lowering of the water levels, I don't think that Bonneville cares about a few fishermen in the whole scheme of things.
And I think they play with the levels to adjust the power supply because water is on a limited supply.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Bonnie and the other Nwest west dam's Generator Governors are connected to ACS (automatic system responce)when Frequency dips the generators respond,, or all of our computers an lights would be burnt out!..Its been hot an Lot of load out there

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi, went out yesterday for sturgeon, kind of slow, did have one oversize spool me before we could get the other rods in! The bank people were doing really good with steelhead and salmon. saw someone pull in a monster salmon over their by tanner creek. lot at the fishery was full. looks like most were going foe sturgeon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts