IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's only taken me three weeks since my first springer of the year. What a dry spell I'm having. Well, today, I fished with about 1,000 of my newest buddies, they must be my buddies now as how half of em might as well have been fishing in my boat with me :cheers: they were keeping pretty tight quarters. Where was I? Oh yeah, the Wind River Circus was at full tent capacity with just a few open seats. Trolling a Magnum Brads Wiggler, #37, SLAMO! Nice 16 lb. springer to the boat. Only bite all day for us after trying a lot of different colors and prawn spinners. Lucky to get that one as Dad tried to shove it off with a quick Sugar Ray like jab with the net. OH well, he's getting better.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Way to go. :cheers:

How many other fish did you see netted??

:smile:

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Right on partner! :wink:

I haven't been out on a serious venture in 2 weeks. :hoboy:

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mark, I saw a total of around thirty fish or thereabouts between 6 and noon when I had to go. The bite sure got slow after the sun came up. It was a beautiful day even after the wind kicked up pretty strong. It wasn't as good as I've seen in the past but there may have been a lot more caught that I didn't see. Orange was the most widely used plug color as well as some greens and reds with a pink every now and then. May have to get up there again next week. It's nice that they kept the Columbia open for these four days though. Oh wait, I go back to work tomorrow for a four day shift,
I can only hope they will open it again next week or later on. You can't catch em if you aren't wetting your hooks. :laugh: :laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts