IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been too long since I've been able to go fishing. I only had one day off this week. I finished up my chores late in the afternoon (taking garbage to the dump, changing the brake pads on the truck, yard work, etc.) I didn't have to teach my church class tonight because of Easter Week. Then I decided I was tired of waiting to go fishing. I checked the tripcheck.com cameras in Newport, and decided I wanted to hit the ocean. It looked really nice out there. I got to Boiler Bay, and threw out some sandshrimp. It was very slow fishing, but at least it was fishing and not work or chores. It was a very beautiful evening, no wind, no big surf. I caught a nice, but sublegal cabezon, and that was it. I released it. I'd never caught one of those before. Another fish to add to the list of species caught. What an ugly, yet exquisitely beautiful fish! I was hoping for some greenling, but alas they were not biting. My wife really likes to eat those. It helps to catch fish that my wife likes to eat! Smoked salmon, crab, breaded and fried greenling.... after eating that she'll ask me when I can go fishing again! She wasn't too thrilled when I smoked a cooler full of herring last year, though. But for this evening, nothing to bring home, just a nice evening. After I used up the sand shrimp, I threw plastics out, still nothing. Went and fished off the rocks at Depoe Bay, plastics and buzz bombs, nothing. But that's okay. It just better not happen again! :wink: My wife may not let me go fishing if I don't bring something back!

happybrew

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
That brings back some memories. I fished Boiler once back in the 80's. It was a rare day, little wind, calm sea. Caught a nice little ling cod right off the bat on a plastic jig. The guy I was with caught a bunch of greenling, and we both got some black bass. Not as good as a boat trip, but still fun, and no seasickness. :smile:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts