IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boice Vrs. Ski Nautique, all comments please!

I'm torn, I know a lot of you are very educated in the area of boats
, give me an earfull :cheers:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Help us out by telling us what you want the boat for. Like fishing, skiing, ocean, family cruising. Things like that will help give you the type of info that you're looking for.
MM

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Would you fish out of a ski nautique. Boice can pull a skier wakeboarder quit well and you can fish out of them. Would you pull up onto the beach with a glass boat, I wouldn't. It ruins the gel coat. Aluminum boat no problem. Boice is a far more versatile boat.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
I'll assume the runabout type for the Boice.

There are similarities. That is, they have good finishes that are somewhat fragile. Paint on the Boice or fiberglass can be easily damaged. I don't think you'd want to beach either one without protection for the finish.

You can put a runabout interior in a sled, but it still has the limitations of the pump. That is, it is harder to control and harder to maintain speed under a load. IE, if you are pulling a skier or wakeboarder, the pump will have a tendency to cavitate over wakes while the prop will not. This can be controlled with trim tabs somewhat.

The Boice runabout is a significant compromise whereas the Ski Nautique is not. The Ski Nautique has better pulling power for skiing and probably leaves a smaller wake for the skier.

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
No doubt it leaves a smaller wake, nearly none at 26 mph, and turns on a dime.

If you are a good enough on a ski to want/desire a Natique, then a Boice will not please you for skiing. But if you were into skiing at that level then you already knew that. Now buy the Boice and go fishing.

gus

[ 10-08-2003, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Gus Orviston ]

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I think the whole things a joke guys...

·
Registered
802 Posts
What's a Ski Nautique?

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
I drove by Boulton's place in Central Point today. He had a nice I/O sitting out front, complete with a wakeboard tower (I think that's what you call those things). Just didn't look right. :shrug: To each his own, I guess. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
ridiculous question, it's apples and oranges. This is a goof. I would ignore this character till we get a fishing story at least.

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
Tanner,where are the pole holders in that boat? Does it come in pink?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Actually it does come in pink. The one I just ordered is hot pink with chartreuse flames. It also has Scotty electric downriggers, a freshwater washdown system, air ride seats and a ford 460 v-8. This thing will blow away any Boice Jet or Ski Natique.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I don't know if ST is still monitoring this post, but, If they are, is this Nick or George?

If this is a serious question, lets here a story about the 10 lb largemouth caught this summer!

Tag

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Anybody check out the profile for this smellytuna person???

ZZZZZZPOP...I think he's outta' here!

Smj

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
I just did. Anybody blow the whistle on him yet?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts