IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Administrator
129,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are huge flames reported at Old Mill by Pete, Bill and Gini who are fishing the ghost hole.

He says thick black smoke and flames shooting 30 feet high is coming from there.

Anyone know what's going on?

They were burning a small fire the other day when we checked it out, but I guess this is huge. It's also kinda smoky at our house. Weird.

Jen

· Administrator
129,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It is a Firemen's practice day and they are burning down the old grange.

Phew! BOE! I was worried!

:smile:

Jen

· Registered
13,100 Posts
Funny Jen :noway: :noway: :noway: Real funny :noway: :noway:

I actually drove by the house in Garibaldi today while it was burning. Lots of firetrucks making sure the houses next to the burning one didnt get involved.

I came home tonight and cut some apple limbs so I can smoke the fish tomorrow I caught today. :food: We will see if we can keep the flames down and limit it to smoke :hoboy: :hoboy:

· Administrator
40,978 Posts
What was sort of icky is that there was no wind at the bay, so the cloud of black smoke hung over Garibaldi for a long, long time. It was an unexpectedly nice day, with a few fish caught. Fairly daunting to see the sea breaking out at the red can, but not closer in. The waves weren't that big, but they were turning over ... not a day to play on the outside!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.