IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know. I went to one of Trask River Tackle's rod building classes Tuesday night. All day I was thinking of not going cause the river looked good and I heard there was a real hot bite at OC. I didn't want roy to think I was a flake so I decided to go. :grin:

Man am I ever glad that I went. I am now all fired up to build my first "custom" rod. Roy did a fantastic job of showing you all the steps and tricks to building a rod.

For anyone that has any interest at all in building a rod (or if ya just like real good banana bread :wink: ) I highly recommend going to one of Trask River Tackle's classes.

(OK Roy, Do I get my free blank now?) JK :grin:

Tanner

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Roy just made me a rod last month and did a great job on it. Would highly reccomend him for buying blanks as well as his workmanship.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
What a great class with all those insider practical tips. :bowdown: I've already ordered my new blank kit and can't wait. I really didn't need a new hobby but I felt it was time. (I need something to do other than not catch Springers) :wink:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Tanner,
I just loved Roy's Props in the rod building class. You think you were building rods for fishing for whales or something with them. :grin:

He is a great teacher as he taught me how to build rods. I have done 3 so far and got 2 more to go. It is great fun in doing them. However, there are springers in them rivers and is time for me to put the building stuff away and try to catch one of them with my new rod. Do far Ive got to fight a couple of them, just not landed one with them yet.

:smile: Smily :smile:

Enjoy rod building , It is a lot of fun!! :cheers:

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
Hey Tanner, were you the one with ten thumbs, none opposable, or was that Tilla?

Be careful, guys, this "hobby" is addictive. I can't seem to stop trading money for rod kits. Roy has me hooked! :shocked: :bowdown:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Can I get the phone number of "Trask River Tackle"? I have always been interested in building a custom rod and the class appears to be the way to go.

Thank's

·
Premium Member
3,998 Posts
Nice to hear he's good at something besides low holing people. :tongue:

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
I just wrapped up 2 trout rods, IS781 and ISP783. Those were a lot of fun, and now I am into double digits now. And I have been helping my nephew build a couple for himself and my brother..

Addiction is putting it mildly and you don't need a lot of stuff to get started.

gus

1 - 9 of 9 Posts