IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to use Thill bobbers, but I kept busting the plastic tube out of the middle, and chewing up the balsa. I use West Coast Floats right now, but the soft plastic tube in those rips pretty easy. I usually trim the ends down so it's not so bad. Both brands are pretty spendy.

Any recommendations? Can you get a bulk discount from anyone? Should I stop fishing and take up knitting?

·
Premium Member
14,399 Posts
they don't make bobbers out of hardened steel so i guess buying thill or west coast floats in bulk is your only option. how is it that you're so hard on bobbers? i use the teardrop style foam bobbers and have yet to actually destroy one.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the Tuff Line saws through the WCF bobbers.

The Thills used to break because I used an in-line weight, and it would bang in to the bobber on the hook-set.

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
I like the thill big fish bobbers for fall nooks. I've used one for two seasons.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I just use the round cork bobbers if you can't see them paint them flourscent orange on the top side.They work great.
Bob

·
Registered
993 Posts
GRANT YOU HAVE TO FISH ALOT TO TEAR UP A FLOAT HAVING A BAG OF THEM BLOW OUT OF YOUR BOAT DOSENT COUNT :laugh: :grin: :laugh: :grin: :laugh: :grin: :laugh: :grin:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Scott, I want the name of the guy that taught you how to use a computer and go online. He needs to be shot.

When you learn how to use a bobber you can talk to me. :hoboy: And no, it's not used with an anchor, Anchor Boy. :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
19,910 Posts
I use what you guys use. While fishing the Trask or Wilson in my DB I keep an eye on the bank. I like to turn an look up river so all the bobbers that get hung up on the bank are visable from down stream. I now have what I call a bobber collection.

[ 07-18-2003, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: freespool ]

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
people use bobbers to catch salmon? wow, what next......... :wink: I like the smallest(most sensitive) bobber that I can use, and it is never round.......

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Have to go with Ampersat. Those large teardrop styro's work great and will hold up to a 3oz cannonball if needed in the current to stay deep. 16 to 30 feet. Have yet to destroy 1 while fishing but they sure look funny after getting under the tire. :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts