IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went out Steelhead fishing yesterday morning. I got to my honey hole at daylight and was shocked that I was the first one there. I drifted my go to bait
Sand shrimp tails with a tiny corky for about a half an hour. Then tried spinners nothing yet, I started digging through my vest looking for some thing different. Then I found a First Cast Jig :shocked: , which I bought awhile ago and tied the 1/8.oz pink and white jig on. I cast it at the head of the riffle and let it swing through nicely, nothing on the first cast :hoboy: . About the fifth cast my bobber finally goes down :dance: . I set the hook with some authority and the battle began the fish did not like that Owner stuck in his mouth so he decided to make a good run down stream then back up with a couple of nice acrobatic stunts :shocked: in between. He finally got tired and I managed to land him. That was my first steelhead on a jig. He only weighed 7#s but I was a very happy camper. I retied my jig back on and my third cast bobber down :dance: , another hard hook set the fish comes clear out of the water with a vicious head shake and throws the jig back at me :mad: , that was it no more fish. Sorry no picture, Now I need to spend more money on Jigs. I want to thank Mark at First Cast Jig for making an awesome product. :cheers:
Thanks, Ross

[ 07-30-2003, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Quick Fisher ]

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Hey way to go Quick Fisher!!! Thanks Jack for the POSITIVE KUDO! I think Mark has something pretty SPECIAl too... Will we see ya at the picnic? Hope so , :cheers: Cindy

G

·
Originally posted by First Cast:
Hey way to go Quick Fisher!!! Thanks Jack for the POSITIVE KUDO! I think Mark has something pretty SPECIAl too... Will we see ya at the picnic? Hope so , :cheers: Cindy
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Yeah Cindy he does have something pretty special! I mean besides his jigs... YOU

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cindy, I will not be able to make it this year :depressed:
We are going to Neah Bay on Aug 6-10. I would really like to go and meet some people since i'm new to Ifish, sounds like it's going to be a blast :dance:

Ross

1 - 7 of 7 Posts