IFish.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fish On! as soon as we drove up to the boat launch we noticed a big comotion going on!

Someone was bringing in a BIG fish! Everyone was using spinners, size 5.

It just so happen I knew him! One of my customers from Portland. His rod was doubled over! He was fighting the fish and trying not to get snagged up on the other lines. Everyone was frantic and seeing this guy bring in a big one hopeing THEY would be the next one!

He finally braught it in and his buddie netted it! The hook was in the mouth along with a waud of fishing line that looked like a birds nest.
It was a amazing he landed it!

It was a HUGE 43 pounder!

He caught(around noon time) it on a spinner that he painted himself. It was black/red tip.

Several other fish were caught early in the morning.

Pacific City fishing is heating up!

Thanks for listening!

Marie
www.tillamookbait.com

[ 09-22-2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Captain and Marie ]

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
I was going to say something, and I thought "Naw...keeps people away!!" :wink: :wink: :grin: :grin:

TR

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
The run is over at Les Schwab Park. :wink:

Free Beef was in February. :grin:

SKP

·
Registered
644 Posts
That had to be the very last fish in this very small fall run, so I wouldn't bother going anymore, you'd have better luck trying some other stream.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
A friend of mine went to the Glass House hole on the Salmon River today and saw several caught today at both the Glass House hole and the 101 hole, although he did not get any himself. Supposedly no snagging activity was seen today. This is good news. The bums with the will work for food signs must not have got the news yet that the fish are in the Salmon River thick.

Marie, I just noticed you changed the spelling. By the way, another friend of mine caught that fish, but he wasn't using any of your scent. :depressed: That's probably why he didn't catch two. :wink:

SKP

[ 09-22-2003, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: SKP ]

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SKP,

I had a feeling the guy I saw down at the river yesterday wasn't you.

He was a colored guy named H_____t. One of my customers that the guy who caught the fish named
S_____n.

Thanks for writing me...

Marie

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
My friend that caught the 40 plus pound fish is named Santos. He's Pacific Islander, and has graying black hair, short but muscular. Maybe their were two 40 pounders caught today. I'm not sure if you saw Santos or someone else catch one. Wow!

SKP

[ 09-22-2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: SKP ]

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SKP,
Different guy. There were more than one 40+ caught yesterday. Sorry...

My friend that caught the 40 plus pound fish is named Santos. He's Pacific Islander, and has graying black hair, short but muscular. Maybe their were two 40 pounders caught today. I'm not sure if you saw Santos or someone else catch one. Wow!

SKP

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Does Les have his own boat ramp now? :tongue:

Hey SKP,

Maybe all our hard work has something to do with it:

Word is out on the Salmon River this season and has been the talk of the river for a few weeks now. :cheers: At the last Salmon River meeting I went to last week everyone was saying they have seen improvement so far. :cheers:

I'm moving to Washington this week but I hope for everybody elses sake it continues to improve and our hard work is paying off.

Dan

·
Registered
381 Posts
that's great and don't forget the bite will be later and later during the week, tomorrow don't show up until 1:00 pm. The fish won't be in until about 2:00 pm. :grin:

-BTW, stopped by the salmon river the other day on my way through. I didn't know that Oregon was hosting an state exchange program with West Virginia
. I was looking off the bridge at all the intelligent folks that were corky fishing (about 60 people) when one of them say's

"Hey sweet pay, hire day come, you get ready for dat boat bite!"

Coming Soon, Salmon River Invitational: Giant Mug Cat Wrestling and combine derby. :laugh:

6horse

1 - 15 of 15 Posts