IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of the boating incident this morning, might I suggest a permanent forum for boating safety. I am a safety and health consultant and have found that keeping the topic in front of people is an effective way to get people to raise awareness and communicate potential hazards and risks - and to remind folks about ways to prevent disaster. As I understand , these guys dropped an anchor off the stearn in lieu of using a drift sock or sea anchor.

Just a thought.

OrRed

OrRed

[ 09-19-2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: OregonRedside ]

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I doubt if they droped a anchor off of the stern instead of a sea anchor. The boat was floating down the river so it has been recovered. It was early in the morning and no one actully seen what happened. It was reported after a person heard their scream for help.
All thou something did cause the boat to turn over and this has happened before in this same area. And the current is so swift in that area that any error in anchoring can cause trouble. Your idea of talking safety is good. It does get boring but it is important and no one likes to keep repeating the same thing over and over.
I warned some one on this just yesterday when they ask about fishing at Bonnivlle Dam on this board.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts