IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
My dad sold a very similar boat but an Alumaweld 2 years ago for 11,600. Similar Suzuki 2 stroke. His was 17 footer. Similar top set up. This was before the boat market really went bonkers. Assuming it is fishable shape, and the Honda kicker is a decent 4 stroke, and the seats and floor and such look OK, I would say 14,000 or so.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Wow,yes everything is in fishable shape and the honda is a 2009.
I'm not expert (obviously) so get many opinions. I would say that if you are thinking about selling a boat I would do so soon. The quick rise in interest rates will eventually impact boat loans (if not already) and is going to bring some of the prices down (which needs to happen in my mind as used boats are overpriced by a large %).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thinking about selling my boat,its a 95 duckworth 16 ft with a suzuki 85hp pump and a honda 8hp trolling motor. Thing is i cant find a value anywhere to figure out a asking price. Is 10k out of line? Any ideas? Hopefully the pictures loaded.
Look for comps on Craigslist or NADA if you haven’t yet.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I currently have something similar available for $15k and it’s not moving.

The market has cooled off from scorching white hot to just kinda standard. In the PNW, there are always people looking for something like this.

But I think on the used boat some reality is starting to set back in.

I feel like it’s something that’s more likely to sell around $11,995.

My gut is a little different than some of the above suggestions. I would be fairly aggressive about selling it soon. If you hold out for top dollar ($15k) until fall, you might end up selling it for $9500. I think $9500 is still good for a 30 year old boat. But, that would definitely be leaving some money on the table versus what it ought to sell for now if you’re reasonable about asking price.

It’s worth what someone will pay for it and I could definitely be off. But I do spend my work days evaluating boats like this and then trying to sell them.

·
Registered
681 Posts
$11.5k obo.

project boat with an old painted trailer with rusty rims. Foam? Corrosion? Old wires? Floor condition? Era of fish finder?

Missing a few checked boxes. Duckworth is a solid platform and the windshield / top make it a year around vessel. Kicker is also a plus.

Lots of comparable boats on Craigs List now that have been sitting there in the 10+ day range.

·
Registered
107 Posts
When the boats sit for days / weeks NOW / springtime ? High prices are over. Move it now. All the easy buyers are gone. All those new boat buyers have put money into clunkers. They will be selling shortly.
The boom & bust cycle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Start at 20k and come down from there till you start getting hits. Selling used stuff in the internet is just like fishing. Enless your in a big hurry. Then I would list it for 10k and not go any lower then that

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Market is slowly tanking, Fuel is going up and will go up even more, Interest rates are climbing, With the market instability 10K might be a bit much.

·
Ray S.
966 Posts
After closer inspection I see the Washington yearly sticker on the bow is a 2015. That says to me this rig sat in a garage or shop for a good amount of time. That could mean 1 of 2 things either the suzuki gave up and never got fixed or the owner got too old or sick to take it out and use it. As for the current value 10k seems like a fair price to make this a 15k boat the mid 90's jet needs to be replaced with a modern minimum 60 horse 4 stroke prop engine. Could be a super nice Columbia, Willamette 1 or 2 person boat.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After closer inspection I see the Washington yearly sticker on the bow is a 2015. That says to me this rig sat in a garage or shop for a good amount of time. That could mean 1 of 2 things either the suzuki gave up and never got fixed or the owner got too old or sick to take it out and use it. As for the current value 10k seems like a fair price to make this a 15k boat the mid 90's jet needs to be replaced with a modern minimum 60 horse 4 stroke prop engine. Could be a super nice Columbia, Willamette 1 or 2 person boat.
Just an old picture is all,pulled it off my phone from when i inherited it. Ive used it many times since.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ugh..... Seeing this current thread and thinking about what I purchased my 1983 Arima for, I am so depressed.....

I cannot even begin to fathom what would have been out there if I had been patient.... Now comes the question of whether or not I should sell mine to cover as much ground as I can or use it for the next couple of years until the market really cools off. But then, what do I do with my current boat once the market cools off?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts