IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, with the recent boat top trend it got me into thinking about my boat top. While it isn't in too bad of a condition, the clear plastic has some kind of mold and residue on it, making it look old,icky, and starting to fade & the the zippers being hard to unzip.
Anyone with a good technique or product that cleans them up 'real' good? Not the o' blue cleaner spray and tissue. How about zipper lubricant?

Thanks for the replies guys (hey, that rhymed :shrug:)
David :wave:

· Registered
561 Posts
On my Vinyl Boat Top, I've been using "Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Professional Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner #40" from my neighborhood GI Joes three times a year, November, May and August since 2002 with no runs, drips or errors with any leaks. My top looks and seals great.
On my Clear Plastic Windows, I've been using "Mequiar's Mirror Glaze Professional Clear Plastic Detailer #18" from GI Joes.
On Zippers and Snaps, I use "Snap Stick" Lubricant from some other well known western marine mail order company.
Hope that'l help :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.