IFish Fishing Forum banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

· Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Walking through the windshield is no big issue and I’ll be pretty much only fishing lakes anymore, so I’m planning on terrova. But…if the ulltera is close enough in price, then I’ll go that route. But I’m at least a year away from it unless I sell stuff. And I like my stuff. Haha

· Registered
770 Posts
I had a Terrova 54” 55lb ipilot. Worked awesome on a 15’ smoker craft. When I upgraded boat it was under powered. The planets have aligned with certain circumstances. Where I’m able to upgrade everything. Going to run an ultra 80 pound link and have it set up for the one boat net work. I have everything just waiting for the boat to get out of the shop.

· Registered
943 Posts
I had a Terrova 54” 55lb ipilot. Worked awesome on a 15’ smoker craft. When I upgraded boat it was under powered. The planets have aligned with certain circumstances. Where I’m able to upgrade everything. Going to run an ultra 80 pound link and have it set up for the one boat net work. I have everything just waiting for the boat to get out of the shop.
Will need more details as you get your new ride dialed.

· Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Cloud Sky Water Vehicle Mountain

Water Sky Cloud Lake Vehicle

Finally got the electric downriggers out on the water. Game changer. For solo fishing it’s a must have.

Got the measurement I need for the minkota bow mount, 37” to the water. So a 60” shaft will be more than enough. Still trying to figure out if ipilot link is worth the extra grand in cash over the standard ipilot.

· Registered
2,113 Posts
Figure it will cost around $3k. I’m hoping the world will recover and costs will not continue to climb as I don’t have the disposable cash to drop right now.
Don't forget the batteries. The biggest mistake I see people make is to buy an expensive motor and then go with cheap batteries. Expect to spend $500 - 750 for a good set of lead acid batteries and $850 - 3k+ for lithium batteries.

· Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Luck enough, there is a new thread on batteries about every other week on here, so my research is pretty easily done. Hahaha

My next internet extravaganza is going to be finding out if ipilot link is really worth $1k more than just the standard ipilot. Then, terrova for the lift assist vs Powerdrive. I don’t want to give up anything that’s truly nice to have, but I don’t want to pay thousands more for something I will probably never use. I figure I have a few months left to research before I’m ready to buy.

· Registered
770 Posts
I just upgraded from Terrova Ipilot to Ulterra link. Taking out link first time tomorrow🤑 As for the Terrova and lift assist. No complaints at all with Terrova. Ipilot is a great feature. Link has that and a few more whistle's. Youtube is loaded with info on the deference’s. 👍

· Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Where ya going?

I’m debating between coyote hunting or going fishing again. It’s easier to grab a rifle and drive around. Haha

I’ve researched a bit. The extra way points and routs is just over kill. The contour only follows maps that don’t have central Oregon lakes for the most part. The circle, I don’t see the point in it. But, once I load a route, the offset tracking could be useful. Just not $1,000 useful. More research is required. Haha

· Registered
770 Posts
Merwin kokes I hope.

Yeah, those maps suck for pnw. I bought a zero line map. So I’ll be making my own just by being on the water fishing. Then I’ll follow my own track.

· Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Apparently the new lake master V2 has Billy Chinook, Haystack, Wickiup and Prineville Res. For $40 more than the make your own card, three of them I plan on hitting hard if the water ever shows up. Better sleep on this one.

· Registered
5,581 Posts
Apparently the new lake master V2 has Billy Chinook, Haystack, Wickiup and Prineville Res. For $40 more than the make your own card, three of them I plan on hitting hard if the water ever shows up. Better sleep on this one.
What kind of FF/GPS do you have? I’m pretty sure you need to have a Humminbird GN2/3/4 series unit (N for Navigation is key) to connect with the Link and the Zero Lines card. I was going to skip it because of the lackluster map coverage, but found a used i-Pilot Link and a GN2 Helix. Ticked me off having to buy a blank Zero Line proprietary card but once you start making your own maps it’s completely worth it. I run a Raymarine FF/GPS with a Navionics card that I love, but the maps I make with the Helix are better. If I wasn’t such a Raymarine fan boy I’d just spend a couple of days making maps with the Humminbird and I’d be good to go. Being able to follow a contour or offset a contour is a GD game changer for Kokanee fishing.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts