IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, what's your preference? Would you rather match your tow rig, right down to the pinstripes, or get something done really obnoxious??

I've got a shadow grey Ford Superduty with black rocker panels, and white pinstripes/decals. It would make a sweet looking combination for the boat to be the same scheme, with a grey top. However, if you've ever seen my assortment of camo pants, you know I often like the OBNOXIOUS colors!! Maybe a purple/chartreuse combination?? :wink: :wink: Easy to recognize on the river, everyone knows who you are!!

TR

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Silver body, chartruse head, red hot tail, pink fire tiger stripes.

Mark and the black dog.

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
What could be more obnoxious than matching your tow rig?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I would go with something subtle. That's what I did :wink:

RF

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
Match your tow rig if you will never buy a different one.

Otherwise, pick colors that look good on your boat, and will look good with almost any tow rig color.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
RogueFishr - Put some big dang hooks on that Drift Boat and I'll tow it around the Pacific. Maybe we can catch Moby Dick! You get to net him though!
:cheers:

PS- bet you never have any trouble finding that rig in a parking lot! :laugh: :bowdown:

[ 04-28-2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Miss B Haven ]

·
Premium Member
14,394 Posts
paint the boat to make it look good on its own.

it's going to spend limited time behind the tow rig and probably most of its time in the garage or next to the house.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
TheRogue,

You definitely match the paint jobs. It's the only way to go.

A grey truck gives you lot of options if you do want something other than gray,white or black. Silver and black boat, maybe some metal flake silver would be awesome and match the rig.

Of course, you are talking to someone who took his boat to a Harley dealer for special paint...to match the rig, of course <grin>.

Brion

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Originally posted by lost_sailor:
What could be more obnoxious than matching your tow rig?
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">painting your house green to match your yard...

·
Premium Member
14,394 Posts
heck! rattlecan the dog to match the drift boat!

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
A White boat looks sharp and goes with anything.

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Great. I just barely recover from the last "paint job" thread and somebody starts another one. :wink:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Paint it like the new California Watermelon Kwikfish and maybe it will attract the fish to the boat. With the luck I've been having that's what I'm thinking of doing.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Went by North River Saturday and they had a nice new Taxi Cab Yellow boat in the showroom. :shocked:

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Who cares what color it is? You're on the inside and can't see it anyway?

Which explains why I dress as poorly as I do. :wink:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I thought about painting my truck to match my boat, but nobody could match the faded fiberglass yellow color I have going. :shrug: Oh well...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts