IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think of this as a challenge to find the most sublime or ridiculous examples of boat launching prowess.

A picture is worth a thousand words.....

First the Personal Watercraft category

Then the ski boat launching category ...

[ 04-21-2003, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Pilar ]

·
Registered
135 Posts
reminds me of a day i was loading up at the cove launch at lake billy chinook last summer, it is a ramp that is four wide, any way a man and women were attemting to load a brand new ski-junk boat of a expensive variety. the women was trying her best to load the boat despite the man's yelling and screaming. (did i mention the wind was blowing real hard). so she gets panicked and wot it up on the trailer. except she missed and hit the ramp.missed my truck by inches. than the yelling really got going. i would have paid anything to have had my vidoe cam. or any cam with me that day. anyone who has been at this luanch on busy summer day can attest, to stupidy that goes on there.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Did someone forget to tell this poor person that he is supposed to back the boat down the ramp to launch. :grin:

[ 04-21-2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Stz ll ]

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Saturday at Clackamette park there was a couple of Russians launching a jet ski who backed down to the water then proceeded to read their manual, take the seat off and figure out how to start the thing. They had 1 lane tied up for 30-45min. I suggested they learn how to start the thing in the prep area but either they didn't understand english or acted like it. I was hoping to see them nail a pillar right off the trailer but we left before they launched. I was thinking they had lots of courage or little smarts venturing into the river with this much current and obviously not much experience.

·
Registered
244 Posts
A week ago Saturday we pull up to the dock at Willow Grove. There is an old boat ****ing like crazy. My buddy goes to get the truck to load. We thought they would be done fairly quickly. We have to wait for these guys for about 1/2 hour. It was a busy day at Willow Grove and boats kept coming and going so we couldn't get moved to another dock in time. They are there on the ramp right at the waters edge letting the water out of the boat. We finally overheard what happened. You guessed it. They launched and forgot to put the plug in. Now I am not going to make fun of them for that as I will probably do it some day. What I am complaining about is they could have moved the boat off the ramp to let most of the water drain. The amount of water that came out of that boat would have drained for a while on level ground. Then let the last of it drain before launching. They tied up that lane for over 1/2 hour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts