IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last spring we launched at the golf course on the North Fork Lewis. The condition of the launch was awful after the winters high water. We bottomed out the trailer trying to launch. Alsao broke off the spare tire bracket. The gravel was so soft we almost didn't get the truck out after putting the boat on the trailer.

My question is. Has anyone been up there yet this year? Has the ramp area been graded since last spring?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I was by there on Labor day. They were still launching both driftboats and sleds there. I doubt that anything has been done to grade the ramp. It is an unmaintained ramp. I haven't tried to launch there yet this year though.

Fastwater may be able to shed some more light on this one though.

·
Registered
462 Posts
can someone tell me where is the golf course launch is? I've used the island ramp, the hatchery ramp, and the martin ramp......haven't been able to find this "golf course ramp"

thanks in adavance.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The golf course is about 2 miles above the island ramp. There is a little road that angles to the right after a store. About 100 yards up that road is a turn into the golf course on the right. Once on the golf course property yow will see an unimproved road leading down to the river.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
The Golf Course ramp is still a mess, with little chance of improvement. I spent 1/2 hour in July cleaning up trash. I used it 4 times this Summer and it was BAD.

It is only about 1 mile above the Island Ramp.

Rusty

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
It is located at the Lewis River Golf Course. Follow the signs from the highway to the Golf Course. The unimproved road leads down to the right off the paved driveway just before you get into the main parking lot.

Thanks for picking up Rusty. I try to pack out more than I bring in whenever I fish that area also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts