IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CM
I just bought a pair of take down oars for my drift boat @ Fishermans for about $35.00. I think they are 7 1/2 footers and would work better in an emergency than a paddle.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I would like to know if we're required to carry a paddle on our DB while under power with our outboard. We do have a Minkota/freshly charged battery that stays on board at all times. Also, is there a list of items required out there? Our DB is 16' and has a 5hp kicker. Want to make sure we're leagle. :grin:

CM

·
Scallywag
3,410 Posts
If you check out the Oregon State Marine Board website , they'll have all of the requirements there for you. Look in the Oregon boaters manual.
I read the manual a couple of days ago- you'll need a sound producing device, fire extinguisher, and lifejackets, but a paddle is optional safety gear. Check out their site, I'm going from memory.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
i would carry at least one if i were you. You just never know on the big rivers here. i can see if you dont want to bring both drift boat oars but a small canoe paddle would not hurt to have around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts