IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On this morning news, a 20' aluminum boat with two guys on board went under around Bonniville dam by Warrendale Ore. at 2:15 this morning.The boat has been found but not the occupents it was said neither person knew how to swim ?? where's the life jackets ???.What were they doing out there at 2:15 A.M.The Columbia is dangerous anyway but esp.at night.Hope there all right. :bowdown:
Bob

[ 09-19-2003, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: dawhunt ]

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
They dont know how to swim and werent wearing life jackets? No, I'm afraid they are not "all right".

[ 09-19-2003, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: TundraIII ]

·
Registered
89 Posts
What a tragedy!!!!! I am a very avid supporter of life jackets, NO MATTER WHAT!!!!! With today's technology there are many that fit well along with being comfortable to wear. I wear one everytime that I am on a boat (my own, neighbors, charters or guide sevice). Protect yourself!!!! If you ride in my personal boat, you will wear a life jacket or not go. Just that simple. Make it a policy on your boat!!!! When I invite someone, the next words out of my mouth are, "I require that you wear a life jacket while on the water with me" It really isn't that hard to do. I have never had anyone turn me down because of this.

You never know when that ship will come by and throw a 15 foot sneaker, you don't know when a log will capsize you, you don't know when you might make a sudden turn or anchoring up and dump someone out. You don't know when your plug will come out of your boat and it sinks!!!!!!! (This happened to me, but it didn't sink) By the time it happens, it is just to late.

Be safe, use common sense!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts