IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as any kid in a candy store, I'm excited to pick up my new boat. Not much on my mind other than, "I want to get fishing". I do my walk through, listening to the break in details of the motors and the list of items that are still waiting on back order that need to be done, which none of prevent me from taking the boat out.

The first time I put it in the water I realize something is missing that I thought was common on ALL boats. I had no cleats, NONE.

Are these now an optional item? Is there an easy way to solve this problem or do I need to complain again to the boat dealer that another item is missing?

Any help is most appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
That's assanine..... If they were optional the sales team should be the first to recommend it, however they probrably get more to install after the fact than pre ordered.

????
Glass or aluminum boat?
Boat manufacturer?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's assanine..... If they were optional the sales team should be the first to recommend it, however they probrably get more to install after the fact than pre ordered.

????
Glass or aluminum boat?
Boat manufacturer?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
20' smokercraft sled out of the Tigard shop

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Resolution is they are going to install some when I take it back for the back order projects.
Explanation was Smokers have recently stopped putting cleats in the boats

·
Registered
2,804 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Resolution is they are going to install some when I take it back for the back order projects.
Explanation was Smokers have recently stopped putting cleats in the boats
So Steven's will take care it or are you paying extra for them?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hmm, sounds like Smoker craft has a bean counter at the helm, that never goes well in any industry. Good for you bringing something so pathetically left off the boat into the light, hopefully you get things taken care to your satisfaction,,,gregg

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
***? Maybe they will consider the glass in the windshield a luxury item as well? These companies, man. What a joke anymore.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I have a 2016 Pro Sportsman that was bought at Stevens. Came equipped with 5 Nylon Cleats. Hard to understand why Smokercraft didn’t put any on your boat. I’ve had all the way up to a loaded North River Commander Boat and I probably enjoy this little Sled more than any I have had. To me it’s it’s just Insane to see where the prices of boats have gone. 2001 Loaded North river Commander and Aluminum trailer was right at 40K. Same boat now is pushing 100K. For this kind of money they ought to be gold plated. Just crazy😬😲For the money I have in this Sled to include Yamaha 4 Stroke 50 Hp and 9.9 High Thrust kicker this boat is equipped as good as any I have owned. Had to have been an oversight on someone’s part. I’ve seen pictures of Smokercraft Sleds with Cleats mounted on them. But looking at the new 2021 models I don’t see any. WTH is going on there?

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
7 cleats came on my new boat when I got it . All welded on. Seems like an item that would be standard as a winch strap eye welded on for trailering.. Hopefully smoker changes there procedure and implement's them back on there boats. I'm sure stevens will make sure they are standard features from now on.

Good luck with the new boat. Hope it is a pleasant experience rather than hart burn.

·
Registered
441 Posts
8 cleats came on my new boat when I got it . All welded on. Seems like an item that would be standard as a winch strap eye welded on for trailering.. Hopefully smoker changes there procedure and implement's them back on there boats. I'm sure stevens will make sure they are standard features from now on.

Good luck with the new boat. Hope it is a pleasant experience rather than hart burn.
The bad for the OP is they should be welded on... The fix I'm sure will be bolted

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
The bad for the OP is they should be welded on... The fix I'm sure will be bolted
I would think it would get sent back to the smoker craft shop and fixed correctly. Yes your right it would be a shame to have bolt on cleats on a new boat.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I would think it would get sent back to the smoker craft shop and fixed correctly. Yes your right it would be a shame to have bolt on cleats on a new boat.
Yes, hopefully your right. I guess I was assuming maybe they would be bolted on at the dealer. My fear is the gunnels aren't bare aluminum anymore... To grind whatever they are painted with away enough to weld on cleats then touch up isn't right either, for a new boat.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts