IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard sketchy reports on the radio this morning about two fishermen missing after their boat capsized near Bonneville Dam... anyone know anything more?

Edit: Oh, found the story on KGW Search for Fishermen

[ 09-19-2003, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: OceanBlue ]

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
That web site irritates me, as I don't want to sign in. :depressed:

What does it say?

J

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the story from KGW's website:

Crews are searching a section of the Columbia River for two men who were in a boat that reportedly capsized early Friday morning.

"At this point, we’ve got three search boats on the river right now… there is still light rain so the visibility is not that good," said Multnomah County Sheriff's spokesman, Lt. Bruce McCain.

McCain added that searchers are hoping the men made it to shore on their own, but so far there has been no sign of them.

Crews are focussed on a section of the Columbia directly across the river from Beacon Rock, near the Bonneville Dam. That's where witnesses told 911 dispatchers they last saw the men screaming for help. They said the men seemed to be struggling to stay afloat and didn't appear to be wearing life jackets, but it was too dark to know for sure.

McCain said searchers may have spotted the pair's aluminum fishing boat just before 7 a.m. and they will take a closer look.

The Sheriff’s Office asked nearby Bonneville Dam officials to reduce the water flow while the search is on.

More to come…

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just herd about this on Channel 12 news. As I type, they have now found the boat. A 20 foot alum. boat with a 80 hp. motor. The station will have another update in 20 minutes. Hope the two men are found ok

Tight lines to all and be safe.
Go Swardfish boat !!

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
I'm worried sick. :depressed:

Jen

·
Registered
15,720 Posts
just saw the pic of the boat - YIPE! pretty chewed up. My prayers are with those guys and the rescuers.

OrRed

·
Registered
15,720 Posts
Here are the names - anyone know these guys?

20-year old Clinton Morat and his uncle, Rodney Allen Knight

OrRed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts