IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
The build is moving along. It doesn’t look like much has happened, because the detailed work is happening. Storage racks are being fabricated in the dog house, which will hold large plano boxes. The house is framed, and the floor was welded in the cabin. The skin should go in the roof and the windows cut out in a next few days. The electronics manufacturer will come out tomorrow and assist with the electronics placement...radio, chart-plotters, and transducers. We finally opened the crate with the SHOXS seats. The box for the pedestal seat and bulkhead for the fold down seat will also be fabricated in the next week.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
The guys at JAMA got the top skin on, windows cut out and a big chunk of the floor in. It’s really starting to take shape. The brow will wrap around roof and taper towards the back. The next big fab will be the forward helm station, and the bulkhead dividing the helm station from the benches. I attached the Karl latest pictures.

·
Registered
Troller. Explorer, Marlin curious.
14,657 Posts
It won't be hard to spot you on the water. That boat has a unique look. It is impressive and photos no doubt do it no justice on size. I saw your fuel access hole in the deck. It looks like your tank is under the deck in a cell. We got there after I found the CFR regulating fuel tanks on boats and got it changed. So you have one fuel tank? Also I am curious as to how you will finish that detail out. We struggled with our fuel access hole(s). Sealing off the fuel access hole was not well thought out in design. I think we have it handled now but I had to fab a cover to protect the hoses and level sender wiring. It's ugly and I guess we are getting used to it now. For the whole boat .. this is the one thing I hate. If we ever have to get in that space to do anything it will be f'in gnarly to get the 4200 pried open.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
We only installed one 327 gallon fuel tank with four pick-ups and two senders for redundancy. The fuel system will be plumbed to where both motors will be able to pull fuel with only one pick-up.

The fuel fill hose will run through an aluminum pipe out of the deck and up the side . The fuel fill opening in the picture will have a water tight hatch. the builder will then run the hoses up the side and through the gunnel. I will send pictures when he starts fabricating that portion of the build. The cockpit will have locker storage along the gunnel, which will be able to lock and keep sticky fingers out. The builder has a vision how everything will play out, but we improvise as we go. I like how Wayne builds a tank, but at the same time, he includes character to the shape.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Now that the windows are cut out, I will be taking the templates to Peninsula glass so they can manufacture the framed windows. They started fabricating a storage rack above the bench seats, with the closet on the port side, the helm station and tackle storage on the starboard side to follow. Lots of little projects are starting to happen that takes time due to fabrication.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
The aft Plano storage rack got completed, and the box for the SHOXS co-pilot seat has started. The Plano boxes are 17.5 x 16 x 5 which will be nice for organized storage of tools and fishing gear. I will have a total of 15 Plano box storage racks. A buddy of mine had Wayne from JAMA fabricate them for in his 30 foot Stabicraft. The aft station window also got framed, which will be cut out today.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
looking great, what a beast

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
That has gotta be exciting seeing this come together like this… I’m excited for you just watching it myself.
Is he going to build a trailer for it, or are you going to hire a transport company to launch it? Kirk

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
It does my heart good to see a man pursue his dream!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
That has gotta be exciting seeing this come together like this… I’m excited for you just watching it myself.
Is he going to build a trailer for it, or are you going to hire a transport company to launch it? Kirk
it’s super exciting to see this girl come to fruition. It’s also great to be part of the process. The plan is to get a steel trailer built in the next couple of months. Wayne said he has no problem towing it to the water. Once I get her into Garibaldi, I will put her in a slip while doing sea trials. I will pull it out in the winter, which is the only reason I’m getting a trailer.
Wayne installed passengers seat box and mounted the seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I really appreciate that you have two spots in the boat just for me!

Thanks for sharing your boat build.

Tag

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
I really appreciate that you have two spots in the boat just for me!

Thanks for sharing your boat build.

View attachment 956877

Tag
There will be more seating to follow for an additional six of my friends soon to be fabricated. Knowing my buddies, they will take full advantage of the 12 foot beam and their bean bags (if my friends are reading this…get the clue…buy your own bean bags). I’m pretty sure the ride In the back of the cockpit will be nice, but not as nice as those SHOXS seats.

Tagster…now that you will be part of the crew, I hope you can hang with all the constructive criticism, smack talking and colorful comments during a trip.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 · (Edited)
In the last week my builder fabricated a box on the drivers side for a 10 inch rise. He then fabricated a bulkhead which the SHOXS 6300 seat will get mounted. This seat is awesome because it can fold down which will give the ability to stand and drive while leaning on the seat it will also free up space to easily get out of the helm sliding door.

my builder also made the frame for the two swimsteps, trim-tab plates, and high speed water pick-up for raw water pumps. Lots of other little projects also keep getting done…too many to mention.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Haven’t had much time to document the boat build the last couple of weeks due to putting my house on the market this weekend. I did swing by JAMA and take a few pictures of the progress. They got the boxes fabricated for the bench seat, swim step with ladder installed and the above head electronics box mounted. They also built the doors for the lockers.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
There will be more seating to follow for an additional six of my friends soon to be fabricated. Knowing my buddies, they will take full advantage of the 12 foot beam and their bean bags (if my friends are reading this…get the clue…buy your own bean bags). I’m pretty sure the ride In the back of the cockpit will be nice, but not as nice as those SHOXS seats.

Tagster…now that you will be part of the crew, I hope you can hang with all the constructive criticism, smack talking and colorful comments during a trip.
Have bean bag and ready to be your new friend!!!

81 - 100 of 124 Posts