IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boat Advice- 22\' NR Sea Hawk?

From what I saw at the boat show the boat that fits me the best is the 22' NR Sea Hawk, with a 150 horse yamaha on a bracket. I have never talked to anyone that has owned one, nor have I talked to anyone with that size boat with a 150 horse yamaha. So.... I have a few questions for anyone that has;

-what good/ bad things have you heard about them

-will the 150 push it ok

-what is the approximate range with a 70 gal. tank

-how will that boat be in the ocean

-the entire package with all the works, including kicker is about $36,000. If you have bad things to say about that boat let me know what is a comparible boat?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Boat Advice- 22\' NR Sea Hawk?

Someone out there has to have experience with this boat.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

The 150 will work but i would up grade to a 200-225 Yamaha, is it a HPDI motor?

·
Registered
3,117 Posts

I would have to agree with fishhawg. I dont own a seahawk, but a buddy has the 21' model with a 150, and wishes he would have went a little bigger on the outboard. He loves the boat though. The seahawks if i am not mistaken, are a little heavier boat then some of the competitors similar deep vee hull boats. Dont quote me on this thogh. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

Why not just step up to the new bad boy on the water :grin:

You can never have too much horse :wink: power

·
Registered
290 Posts

Hey Blue Water,

I saw that boat too. What a sweet ride. Let us know what you find out. I'm looking hard at the Seahawk too. Wasn't that boat 21' long? I think I;s like the 225 on it, but the 150 would probably do well.

Muddy Water wants to go to Blue Water!

·
Registered
640 Posts

I have this very boat with an offshore bracket and a 225 Yamaha 4s. feel free to call me with any questions. 541 464 8135

Kurt

·
Registered
6,569 Posts

That's a big boat. 225 sounds much better than 150, you'll want power in reserve for bar crossings.

I'd like twin engines out on the big blue...

·
Registered
290 Posts

gimmeumpqua,

I'm throwing a few questions together for you and will call soon. I would really appreciate the chance to talk with a Seahawk owner.

Mark

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

I've had this same boat for 2 1/2 years now but mine has a full hard top and a 250 Yamaha Saltwater series. If you'd like, go ahead and shoot me the same questions that you do to gimme umpqua (Joe 503-803-5988). In short though, I love the boat and you should get a bigger motor than a 150. I have the 93 gallon fuel tank in mine and the big 2 stroke burns around 9 gph at cruising speed (a great factory add on if you fish the ocean is the fuel flow meter) doing about 20 mph on the ocean. If I were you I'd get the biggest 4 stroke you can afford. You'll still have plenty of range.

[ 01-17-2004, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Killertraylor ]

·
Registered
290 Posts

Thanks, you guys. Went to the dealer to check on the Seahawk. I'm trying to talk myself into the 150, but somethings telling me go bigger.

I'm going to ride on one.

·
Registered
993 Posts

Go to North River and go for a ride the 150 works well on that boat call me if you have any ?? 503 504 9271

·
Registered
171 Posts

Not to throw a monkey in the mix, but, was on the boats and tackle sale site. There is a 1998 NW Jet 22' with a big block, loaded and apparently rarely used for 20k. I would be very interested but I just purchased a sled last fall. Not an OB but a seemingly great deal and perhaps worth a look.

·
Registered
12,169 Posts

for big blue, I'd go twin 130's on that boat, or a 200, 150 seams light to me. Thats alot of weight
for a 150 to push.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts

N.w. Jet and a big block,,, naaaa. Stay with the 21-22 ft. Sea Hawk with an outboard .
My best friend just bought one and put the 225 on it . Still isnt broke in yet. id. p.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts

The boat weight is 2300 or 2400 lbs. id. p.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts