IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just in Montanan and had a great time ,and in MT they have a cool program to offer the land owners to a tax credit if the allow hunters on their property ,the state offers this to encorage land owners to open their gates to every one ,you just have to presnt proper ID for you and you party if any ,plus your rig and the animals you harvested and the days you hunted ,so what do you think ,I think it`s great cause the land owners won`t have to rely on LOP tags to sell for damage control ,I wish it was here .......

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Oregon has some oppertunities like this.Pm me if you would like more info.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I think that the UCAP program that Oregon currently has offers landowners some sort of incentitive to open their lands. They won't give out listings or addresses of these areas, I guess to keep pressure down, but there are private places open to the public. Just gotta look for the right yellow sign.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Non resident hunters pay for most of the block management in Montana. I have hunted there since 1998 and it is a wonderful program.:yay::yay:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Yep, It's a great program. It targets many areas and all sorts of various activities such as bird hunting and fishing. Oregon seems to target timber companies. Many enjoy it but they conveniently close their lands each year for fire danger. It's amazing the whole national forest does not burn down every year with all the yahoo's in the woods. Yet almost all of the fires seem to be results of lightning. I know somebody made the incredibly bad decision to fire tracer rounds this summer and started a fire but it is more the exception than the rule. It sure would be nice to see some of the huge ranches that get money for wildlife damage institue something like Montana has. I guess the land owners would rather just get their money for damage and keep everyone off their land while their cattle are grazing what is left for public land.
:twocents:
Gil

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yep, It's a great program. It targets many areas and all sorts of various activities such as bird hunting and fishing. Oregon seems to target timber companies. Many enjoy it but they conveniently close their lands each year for fire danger. It's amazing the whole national forest does not burn down every year with all the yahoo's in the woods. Yet almost all of the fires seem to be results of lightning. I know somebody made the incredibly bad decision to fire tracer rounds this summer and started a fire but it is more the exception than the rule. It sure would be nice to see some of the huge ranches that get money for wildlife damage institue something like Montana has. I guess the land owners would rather just get their money for damage and keep everyone off their land while their cattle are grazing what is left for public land.
:twocents:
Gil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts