IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blacktail bow that is. J-4 ended his bow season on the first morning of our trip to eastern Oregon with a well placed arow through both lungs at point blank range. Since I had the pics I told him I would post them for him, and hopefully he will get on here and tell his story.

Good job J-4!

· Registered
13,486 Posts
beautiful sage brush deer!!!

WTG

· Registered
10,870 Posts
Right on...congrats J-4 :cheers:

Love that country :dance:

-jokester

· Registered
6,718 Posts
Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Congratulations to the hunter. :cheers:

I hope to loose an arrow from my Blacktail in the coming weeks! :pray:

· Registered
18 Posts
Well for starters I need to appologize to the hawg boss for messing up a perfectly good deer hunt.
How it transpired, I had found a large juniper tree that was providing some much needed shade, and gave me a view of some landscape worth glassing. I think 20 min. or so had passed and I was bringing my binos down from my face and spotted two deer galloping directly at me. Caught some what with my pants down, I had my bow resting 3 or 4 feet from me. I quickly hit the dirt scurried to my bow and posted up behind a sage bush, within about 5 seconds I saw some movement to my left, I came to full draw and the buck appeared in front of me at 3 yds. I released and sent mt 2219 legacey and 2 blade magnus head through both lungs. the buck went apprx. 60yds. and fell over. I would like to thank hawg boss for helping me track even though it wasn't that far, I dont have a lot of experience with blood that dries in 30 seconds on sand (kinda difficult to spot). Anyway that is a little shortened up, but for the most part that is how it went down. By the way I was using a custom blacktail hunter 66" and 64# at 28. What a great hunt!

· Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well for starters I need to appologize to the hawg boss for messing up a perfectly good deer hunt.
I know you just wanted to get home to watch college football this weekend.;)

You forgot to mention that this was your first bow hunt for big game. You made a great shot at just under 3 1/2 yards! That is the excitment of bow hunting, getting close. Doesn't matter if you got close to the deer, or the deer got close to you, it's exciting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.