IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got it painted- had to miss opening weekend of duck but that's why they call it a commitment I guess. Think it could work??:shrug:

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
:shocked::shocked::shocked::bigshock::bigshock::applause::applause::eek:oo::eek:oo: Un- Real!!!!!!!! That is awesome Dave..Id just be worried abotu others taking a crack at that baby....id make it a spike ;).

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hopefully you don't use that in my woods, I might mistake it and start lobbing arrows!! Beautiful work, be proud of that one.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
They work- at least on whitetails- but in most cases the things are more trouble than they're worth.

My uncle left a McKenzie's deer target out by his N. Georgia hunting camp and we got a big kick out of watching a doe beat the beejeesus out of it. By the time the real deer was finished with the target the fake deer had hoof and bite marks all over it and was missing an ear. It attracted what appeared to be the same lead doe for a couple of weeks. Strange.

You've got a good looking candidate for a 3D archery target, though, and there's a market for those. I know some buddies that toted them through the woods for use as decoys but our deer were too easy to shoot without them.

regards, aw

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Nice work!!! I would definitely give it a try.

RF

·
Registered
568 Posts
I ranged it at 10 yards... looks awesome!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I would find an area where there is no threat form other people and set it up, Do alittle grunting and rattlin , just to see what happens:cheers:

Very cool, just need to get ya some blacktail antlers.

MD

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Un- believable:bigshock:Very nice work Dave. I cant wait to hear the story after you hunt with that thing.

Brett Neffendorf

·
Banned
100 Posts
Damn, that's amazing. Be careful using that beauty not only for your safety, but in fear that someone might light it up with a rifle, or sling some arrows at it. Great work!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Nice!!

I would be fooled by that thing cant imagine a deer wont be. Be careful so others dont try and tag it though, it looks that real to me!:bigshock:

Rob

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
All I Can say is WOW!!!! Dave you have done it once again except this time its a Blacktail Deer decoy. I can't wait to hear the stories when you start to hunt with that guy. Good luck during the late season.

" Shoot em with their feet down "
Eric Strand

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
That is sweeeeet! Can I have it?!?!?!?! PleasePleasePleasePlease!!!! :D BH

·
Registered
590 Posts
Dave, I'm beginning to wonder about you. Your obsessed aren't you?:D THAT is some nice work! :clap: Stay in touch, if you don't do any good in the areas we talked about I have a spot that your decoy might work.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Dave,

My GOSH. :food::food::food: when they get on the production line, us hunters are gonna need a monster cart and a four wheeler to get the blacktail decoy to the spot. Just kiddin.

Very Very Nice!!

TVFOWLHUNTER

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Dave, it would be much too dangerous for you to hunt with that. You better give it to me to field test.:smirk:
Actually I know a place that is private property.......
What does it weigh? Make sure you take the video with you. I think you're gonna get some good footage.
Maybe you could rent him to OSP.
Is it actually a decoy(as in hollow) or is it a 3D target with a blacktail paint job?
Looks awesome in any case.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts