IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any Ifishers have been out lately for Blackmouth, just thought I would pass on what has been working well the past few days. Unlike the winter fish, a lot of the migratory Kings are suspended in the water column, instead of laying on the bottom like winter fish. We have been toning down our presentation to bare minimum. Straight herring, no flasher, nothing fancy. Locate the bait balls, which seems plentifull this year, and keep working it. If there is bait, there's gotta be fish near and you never know when they will be on the bite. We run the herring right through the bait ball, as lower you may be going under the fish. Depth is dependent on area, but we like the 60 foot range. Right after the tide change seems to stir things up, so get ready. Just keep your confidence up and make sure your bait is checked regularly. The Sand Sharks are bad this year. Just my $.02. Go get em!!

Green Machine

Oh, we had two bites this morning

Had to post before 5-Cent. :grin:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
UG,thanks for the helpful info. Congrats on the fish :cheers:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
That's what it's all about Green Machine..... :cheers:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Nice. I always wanted to chase those things around. I lived in Anacortes when I was little and we never went fishing. :hoboy: Good looking fish. :smile:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never fished out of Anacortes. :shocked: We fished off of Lummi Island yesterday. You should go back up and live some childhood memories. :grin: The next couple of days will be terrible with island cruisers. The fishing should only get better as different types of salmon are coming in.

Green Machine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts