IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're designing a logo for the BLACK ROCKET. put put on Hats, Tees, ect. Would like your opinion if you wish to give it. :shrug:

Thank you for your opinions!

CAPT KUJO

[ 10-19-2003, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Not dark enough Kujo.
That looks like the happy mellow rocket.
I want to ride on the rocket because it's going to get the blood pumping.

Freak

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I used to work in the sign business and one thing to consider is, the more colors you have the more expensive your logo will be to print. This is true for not only signs, but screenprinted shirts, embroidery, business cards, etc. etc....Also, keep in mind with that many colors you won't be able to do any black and white advertising and include your logo. Newspapers and black and white magazines would not be able to print that for you. Also handbills and brochures would have to be full color and much more expensive.

I hate to sound negative, but I've seen a lot of businesses make the same mistakes with there logos. That logo might work very well for you under certain types of media. Remember, sometimes less is more.

However, it does look pretty cool. :grin:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by wootersen:
I used to work in the sign business and one thing to consider is, the more colors you have the more expensive your logo will be to print. This is true for not only signs, but screenprinted shirts, embroidery, business cards, etc. etc....Also, keep in mind with that many colors you won't be able to do any black and white advertising and include your logo. Newspapers and black and white magazines would not be able to print that for you. Also handbills and brochures would have to be full color and much more expensive.

I hate to sound negative, but I've seen a lot of businesses make the same mistakes with there logos. That logo might work very well for you under certain types of media. Remember, sometimes less is more.

However, it does look pretty cool. :grin:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Not taken as a negative, but I get these done with up to 9 colors for $.99 per 300. Also have a reversed black and white for ads and tee shirts...
. Have these capabilities "in house" Thanks for your comments!

CAPT KUJO

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Maybe have the rocket somewhat airborn and full of white knuckled passengers. You passed us at the pile on the way to the ranch and all I could say was WOW! Gonna have to book a trip next season just for the thrill of it! Oh ya, when you rip by people there is a LOT more spray coming off the stern. Keep up the good work and I hope to get together with you next season.
Mike

·
Registered
393 Posts
CAPT KUJO,

I have not fished with you but I think the experience would be awesome! As far as the logo,
well I think you have the wrong background. Your trips are about fast and extreme fishing in ocean conditions and not "cruising the channel" as the green background suggests. I am thinking about the same lettering on the peripheral logo but a surf or large swell pushes the boat upward at about a 20+ degree(+ or -) angle that lets everyone know what it is truely about. Maybe the rocks of Depoe Bay as the background. Just thinking that the ocean is a more appropriate background.
But then again... just my .02
good luck which ever way you go with this!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Sliderite:
CAPT KUJO,

I have not fished with you but I think the experience would be awesome! As far as the logo,
well I think you have the wrong background. Your trips are about fast and extreme fishing in ocean conditions and not "cruising the channel" as the green background suggests. I am thinking about the same lettering on the peripheral logo but a surf or large swell pushes the boat upward at about a 20+ degree(+ or -) angle that lets everyone know what it is truely about. Maybe the rocks of Depoe Bay as the background. Just thinking that the ocean is a more appropriate background.
But then again... just my .02
good luck which ever way you go with this!
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I think you're correct here. I didn't have and don't have a good "ocean" picture to work with. I'm always on the boat so I can't take the
picture I want. Thanks for the suggestion. I will look to get another picture to work from

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Kujo,

What my eyes focus on is the Sun then the boat. I'm finding it a distracton from the main item in the picture.

Using the word "extreme", I think that the graphic should depict something extreme. Boat in the air, huge fish or something of that nature.

:smile:

·
Premium Member
22,173 Posts
Kim,
The basics are there, but the "Extreme fishing," is assumed and should be in smaller letters, maybe actually printed in the whitewater wake of the boat. You'd have to adjust the shape of the oval to accommodate it...and yes, coming off the top of a wave would tell the story more than a cruise through the san juans. Perhaps the oval's perimeter should be shaped more like the outline of a halibut or albacore...or a leaping salmon.
Whatever you come up with, I want one on at least a shirt...hat, too, if you get some good ones with a stiff brim and good velcro adjustable fit..
I sure like the idea...(and earned my shot at buying a hat).

Thanks and good fishing...
Bill

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Have you seen a sample of what the patch will look like and how much detail you'll be able to capture with the actual stitching vs the image you have here? Just a thought.

That's a wicked boat.

StinkyH

[ 10-19-2003, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: StinkyH ]

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I'm with the others on this. I'd like to see the logo without the sun and green background. It would be interesting to see the rocket blasting through a big wave.

You asked for comments from the peanut gallery. I'm sure you will get plenty. In the end, go with what makes you happy, and make a decision!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Agree with others that an image of your boat crashing thru a wave or airborne over a wave would be a more accurate depiction of what you say you do. The sun adds some nice color, but what about a setting sun, instead of a rising sun? By this I mean a setting sun on the horizon of the ocean. The "rocket" , and "extreme" words are flared and therefore emphasized, I would like to see what the wording looks like without the flaring. I think the flared words take away from the image of your boat, which I think is the coolest part of the logo. Have your marketing people consider spelling "extreme", like this dude, "x-treme".
They may say you will bring in more "younger" dollars, or it may make your old guy customers like me feel younger. We could tell our teenagers that we went X-TREME FISHING, IT ROCKED, and we heard that they are thinking of adding it to the X-GAMES,next year. :grin: :grin:

[ 10-19-2003, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Red ]

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
patch looks good, but IMHO need to have a more radical situation with that boat.....looks like it`s cruising a bay or channel, the airborn or going up a wave idea sounds good with a backdrop of looking down the coast would be cool. too $$? maybe..... how soon do you book up your fishing trips for next year??? would like to book for a triple shot.....save me a hat.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Kim,
I like this look better than the last one you showed me when I visited you last week. The copy reads better. I'd love to see some fishing rods on the boat, so it would tie in the fishing theme better. Also, maybe a more "action" shot would be neat to consider, although the composition of this graphic has good balance. The copy looks pretty balanced here too. Looking forward to lettering your truck here once you finalize the logo, it should look great on the truck.
Take care,
GBS

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
You need to show a huge pile of tuna in the back of the boat. The pile should be taller than your radar tower. :grin: and the boat should be chasing down a big ol' great white with a terrified look on his face. :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
532 Posts
needs to look a bit more mean, and not so fluff

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Shouldn't the boat be flying above the water with both propellers showing? Also, lose the sissy sun... it should be story with a 20 ft swell.

Other than that, I like it...

Rip'N'Lips

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
I tend to agree. I think you need less the cartoon look, and more the trip of a lifetime look.

Crashing waves, the Rocket suspended in air!

People hanging on by their shirt tails! :smile: :smile:

Yeah, that would scare me off!

Jen

1 - 20 of 21 Posts