IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s great to have a birthday during fall fishing, I have been fishing Tillamook Bay for at least the last 25 years and I try to take at least 3 or 4 days around my birthday to pull spinners and drown some herring.
On Thursday it just rained real hard and when I thought it couldn’t rain any harder it did. It was great! I only managed to hook and lose a couple of fish on the 9th, but I didn’t see a whole lot of action.
On Friday a friend came over and we fished hard all thru the tide, starting at the Oyster house and working our way out to mid bay. We saw a few fish caught all morning, but not the amount of action that I was anticipating with the amount of rain that we had gotten. About the top of high we decided to go to the Ghost Hole and try pulling some herring. Just as we got there the nets were flying, so we got in line and started thru. On our second pass Dan hooked a real hot fish, it peeled off about 50 yards of line went under another boat and cut him off. Man was this sad because Dan had now lost his third fish while fish with me in the last two weeks and not brought any to the boat. Well the bite went dead at the Ghost so off we went back to the pilings on the other side of the bay, the tide had just stated to turn and run out. Dan wanted to stay with the herring and silver fish flash and I dropped in a spinner. Well my rod goes off and it is a beautiful hen and Dan had to net it, I was wish’ in that it was his. Well I got my wish about 10 minutes later and I get to net Dan’s mate to my fish.

I took Saturday off the kids and grand kids came over to the beach house to have diner and cake.
Well on Sunday another friend came over and I had planned to do much the same as Friday fish the Oyster House and work our way out into the bay maybe go to the Goast Hole. Well we managed to get a couple pulling spinners about 2 hours into incoming. Nothing more for us the rest of the day so back to Rockaway to cut up fish and come back to Portland to work and get ready for another fishing trip.

All in all it was a great 4 days of fishing and family.

Fish Till You Drop!!!!!!

[ 10-13-2003, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Way to go, and as I can see, I am way behind! :smile:

Soon!

Jen

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roger,
Good to see you are still around I have been doing well check your email.

Fish Till You Drop!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts